• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active Duty Enlisted to Reserve Officer

chihon fung

Hello all,

I have been searching for the guidance and forms to submit a DCO package while I am still active duty for my remaining 8 months. Also, the information I have been receiving are all non-concurrent with another.

Two officer recruiters: one says he can't process me until I am out of the active duty, but the other one says I am able to submit a DCO package on my own. The NPC website says active duty enlisted who are seeking DCO should contact the recruiter for processing.

Can anyone shine some light on this?

CoyoteK

I might try figuring out where you plan on drilling/living/entering the reserves once you get out and then contact the recruiter for that area.

Or, if you know the community that you are aiming for, contact the community manager. Email would be on the NPC website.

You can start the application process for DCO with a local Reserve Officer Recruiter. However, you will be required to obtain a NAVPERS 1306/7. Your community manager/detailer will have to annotate that they agree to conditionally release you from your current enlisted contract should you be professionally recommended by the DCO board. Since you only have 8 months until you are released from active duty, you can start working with a local recruiter in order to start the process. My advice is to get started and at least figure out what program you want to apply for based on your education and your military training. Bottom line is that you will work with a recruiter to apply for DCO programs.