• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Act of Valor

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Looks like it could be really awesome, but I wonder how much in terms of tactics that they show. Obviously, they'll have to limit it due to opsec. I agree about the RPG and small nuke, that's something that always gets me when I see an explosion in movies. As for the trailer, the song they play towards then end is really, really good. It's The Lightning Strike by Snow Patrol and worth checking out if you're a music fan.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I checked out the production company's website. They did a SWCC recruiting video that was pretty cool.

The director was the DP of Terminator: Salvation, among others, and for those of you who are camera geeks (I'm only on the fringe), the movie is being shot with Canon 5Ds. He made several recruiting ads while making the movie, which of coursed pleased the Navy, so they let him have what he needed for the movie.

My very good friend is a Production guy and had sent me some stuff showcasing the 5D and there was a bunch of stuff with the SWCC stuff and a few shots of helos. I had wondered if HeyJoe had any part of it but now I come to find out that it was for this movie.

Regardless, hopefully it's not overly dramatic. It looks like a beautifully shot film, unfortunately, you can say the same thing for anything Michael Bay does, and I can't stand his movies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The director was the DP of Terminator: Salvation, among others, and for those of you who are camera geeks (I'm only on the fringe), the movie is being shot with Canon 5Ds. He made several recruiting ads while making the movie, which of coursed pleased the Navy, so they let him have what he needed for the movie.

My very good friend is a Production guy and had sent me some stuff showcasing the 5D and there was a bunch of stuff with the SWCC stuff and a few shots of helos. I had wondered if HeyJoe had any part of it but now I come to find out that it was for this movie.

Regardless, hopefully it's not overly dramatic. It looks like a beautifully shot film, unfortunately, you can say the same thing for anything Michael Bay does, and I can't stand his movies.
The 5D is pretty amazing. I have it's little brother the 60D and it shoots WAY better video than my big Canon XH-A1 (which cost three times as much).

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Lots of the last season of 24 was shot with the 5D, as well...along with a ton of other stuff. Technology has come a long way from the days of Panavision.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Show these warriors dealing with PSD, DTS, DPS, etc., and I'll buy its authenticity.

It's in the directors cut:

LT Ironfist: "Dammit Max Powers, you're the best damn sniper on the planet...but we can't take you on this next mission until you do your government charge card training, PII, Information Awareness, and Don't Ask Don't Tell Tier 3 on NKO"

KBayDog

LT Ironfist: "Dammit Max Powers, you're the best damn sniper on the planet...but we can't take you on this next mission until you do your government charge card training, PII, Information Awareness, and Don't Ask Don't Tell Tier 3 on NKO"

Max also just popped on the Class IV Dental roster, and he's recently been spotted wearing his NWUs at WalMart by his Chief.

Not only is he non-deployable, but he's going straight to Mast for not wearing his Aquaflage with pride.

Lumpy

From Top Gun to DADT (1986-2011)
Will Mav be the bitter, hard-drinking CO of Top Gun, spending evenings at the Stockman's in Fallon?

jtmedli

pilot

You know what they say...funny 'cause it's true!!