• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acronyms

voghtt

I am relatively sure that I have already found the correct answer to this question, but just wanted to double check. I took a copy of the cardiology section of the waiver guide to my cardiologist, and we could not figure out the acronyms CD and NCD, other than CD seemed to be associated with no waiver. Does CD stand for considered disqualifying, and NCD for not considered disqualifying?

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Google says:

Disposition of Defects -> The possible determinations to be listed in Block #74, Summary of Defects and Diagnoses, are:

Not considered disqualifying (NCD) - The defect will not affect performance and is within listed standards. A waiver is not required.

Considered disqualifying (CD) - Waiver recommended. - The defect is disqualifying by the published standards, but is deemed not to interfere with the individual's performance.

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Produ...ed/Manuals/FlightSurgeonHandbook/4waiver.html

Tom

pilot
Contributor
You didn't fully copy the information. There can be CD WR, meaning waiver recommended, but you can also have CD without the waiver recommended. This means you're SOL. Make sure there is a WR or some note about a waiver being recommended.

NCD means the condition is not NPQ.
CD with a waiver recommended (and later granted) means the condition is NPQ, but you are allowed to continue in your status assuming the issue doesn't resurface. Some waivers require reevaluation over certain time periods.
CD without a waiver recommended usually means you're out of luck.

On another note MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING AND GUARD THEM WITH YOUR LIFE. Things disappear and when they do you could be in a bind.

UMichfly

pilot
None
On another note MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING AND GUARD THEM WITH YOUR LIFE. Things disappear and when they do you could be in a bind.

Amen brother. I'm relatively certain that NAMI and all other Navy medical establishments don't have toilet paper, they just use random physicals/paperwork and then claim it got lost (no offense FedDoc).

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Amen brother. I'm relatively certain that NAMI and all other Navy medical establishments don't have toilet paper, they just use random physicals/paperwork and then claim it got lost (no offense FedDoc).

None taken...the essobees still cannot find my medical record. Good thing I made three copies a week prior to my retirement.