• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ACRONYMS, ACRONYMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Too many acronyms,
Too many acronyms in the Navy. Here it is on my duty day on the JFK. I stood my 0800-1200 watch as OOD, now I'm sitting here in CDC. Acronyms, Acronyms running thru my head, DCCT training kinda make you wish you were dead.
angel_125.gif

The JFK is in the yards now for ESRA, and all the duty sections are working hard preparing for LOA. Acronyms, Acronyms, The CO, XO, OPSO, The CHENG. It's driving me crazy
bigmouth_125.gif
if you know what I mean. Oh, did I forget the DIVO'S? By the way I'm An EWO. Then when I go out to sea its too the brigde to qual as JOOD. Did I forget JOOW?

From OCS to API , and whatever acronyms out there make you crazy. Why am I typing this nonsense I'm just bored, I guess I don't know, on a Sunday night duty day. At least I'm not a
banghead_125.gif
SWO.

ENS HALL
USS JFK
USA

Stephen J. Hall

FlyFast

Feel ya man. It would be great to get a list and learn them. Anyone know where these items can be learned so we can speak the language...

patbrown08

You can't learn them because they are different depending on what you are doing. Not every acronym means the same thing in every community.

For example:
On a submarine the COB was the Chief of the Boat, or the senior enlisted guy.
But, when I was up on the tender, they were telling me to pick up parts by the COB, or Close of Business. To think, I waited 3 days for the Chief of the Boat to bring me starters and light bulbs.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Hahahahaaaa, i can't wait to learn everything by acronym, that way I can talk to civilians and they'll just nod while pretending to understand me.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Another thing I love is how they have multiple acronyms for the same thing. For example you can call the BI-annual fitness test the PFA PRT or the PFT etc. For some reason people just to keep changing acronyms i.e. RAG to FRS. Very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.