• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Access Denied.

gtbernal

Well, just found out the cryptology boards decision on me, no prorec. This site is invaluable.

https://rq.cnrc.navy.mil/N3/N31.htm

For those who are thinking about applying heres some information on me so you can maybe gauge yourself. I was applying to go to OCS in 2008.

3.3 GPA in Computer Engineering at UCSC
54/5/5/5 on the ASTB
Perfect recommendation from a Lt. Col in Cryptology
Some really nice letters from faculty, coworkers, and friends
Eagle Scout, Church leader and various leadership positions.

The most shocking thing about all this is that in the entire board they didnt pick anyone. There were ten of us according to the site I linked above. Also, that site shows the Navy's current recruiting goals and related information. They are only picking 25 cryptologists per year, 3 of which can be in BDCP, from what I gathered. I had no idea it would be THAT competitive. Oh well.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, just found out the cryptology boards decision on me, no prorec. This site is invaluable.

https://rq.cnrc.navy.mil/N3/N31.htm

For those who are thinking about applying heres some information on me so you can maybe gauge yourself. I was applying to go to OCS in 2008.

3.3 GPA in Computer Engineering at UCSC
54/5/5/5 on the ASTB
Perfect recommendation from a Lt. Col in Cryptology
Some really nice letters from faculty, coworkers, and friends
Eagle Scout, Church leader and various leadership positions.

The most shocking thing about all this is that in the entire board they didnt pick anyone. There were ten of us according to the site I linked above. Also, that site shows the Navy's current recruiting goals and related information. They are only picking 25 cryptologists per year, 3 of which can be in BDCP, from what I gathered. I had no idea it would be THAT competitive. Oh well.
It's that extreme left-wing education that did you in. Go banana slugs!;)

Brett

gtbernal

Oh good lord, youre probably right. Those idiots are protesting about military recruiters now. Apparently the possibility of learning about a career in the military is preposterous and and clearly an infringement on our civil liberties. Morons. For a university that is supposed to be open-minded and tolerant, people there certainly are picky about what they are tolerant of.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh good lord, youre probably right. Those idiots are protesting about military recruiters now. Apparently the possibility of learning about a career in the military is preposterous and and clearly an infringement on our civil liberties. Morons. For a university that is supposed to be open-minded and tolerant, people there certainly are picky about what they are tolerant of.
Yeah, my brother went there, so I'm familiar. Do they give out real grades now or still do those written evaluations? They're only tolerant of things they don't object to. They can have their way just as soon as they give back all that state and federal funding.:D

Brett

gtbernal

Agreed. We get both written evaluations and letter grades now. Most of the written evals are just computer generated tables with your name on it... ridiculous.