• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted at last!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Johnson

Hey everyone! I am new to the site since I was just accepted a couple of weeks ago into the Supply element of BDCP! I am going to try for public affairs once I get in though, as I am colorblind (AAAH!) and cannot fly anything! I am currently a Junior English Major at Freed-Hardeman University in Henderson, TN. Yeah, I know you've never heard of it... I'm extremely excited about getting accepted! I'm just waiting for my FINDOCS to go through early next week before I go sign everything in Memphis. Early in the process I had attended a couple of Association of Naval Aviators banquets at NSA Memphis. Unbeknownst to me, several of the officers that I met with at the banquets are on the selection boards at the base!! I think that kinda helped me to be accepted. I am getting married on July 8th of this year back home in Wisconsin and will be living in Jackson, TN. Well, on to my question--We do continue to get paid over the summer months, right?? That's my big question of the day, hope to hear from someone soon.
-Kyle Johnson

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Can't answer your question, but congrats on the (soon-to-be) marriage and getting into that program.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I am not yet in the program, but my understanding is that once you are in the program you will be paid your BDCP rate until you graduate from school (summer included), and then I believe it goes up? There was a post about that (what happens after graduation, before OCS) recently. Congrats on getting in, and the marriage.

How did you get to go to the Assoc. of Naval Aviators banquet? That sounds like that was pretty helpful for you... good work.

Kycntryboy

pilot
RHPF said:
I am not yet in the program, but my understanding is that once you are in the program you will be paid your BDCP rate until you graduate from school (summer included), and then I believe it goes up? .
That is correct you get paid year around starting at E-3 pay w/ BAH and BAS and if you get Dean's list 2 times in a row you go up a pay grade or/and if you get a friend in the program you go up another pay grade. Once you graduate you go to E-5 pay until you graduate OCS.

Kyle Johnson

The ANA banquets were a blast! I live about 100 miles from Millington and the recruiters informed me about them. You may want to ask your officer recruiter if there's any in your area. The first banquet I went to in October concerned the retirement of the F-14--one of the best planes ever--and they even flew a Grim Reapers jet in for display! It was great talking to Tomcat pilots and all of the veteran pilots in ANA. The second banquet featured Capt. Paul "Stubby" Cleary who spoke on the the F/A-18E/F Rhino, my personal favorite! VFA-122 flew an "E" model into Millington for display. Stubby, I believe, is just about to assume command of VFA-122; needless to say, it was awesome to meet him and "talk shop". I also met several officers who are on the selection boards at Millington, they were all awesome guys; mostly veteran aviators. If you hear about one of these going on, go!! They have proven to be very informative and helpful, plus it gives you an excuse to go out and eat some awesome food!!
-Kyle Johnson

ThetaChi

pilot
Kycntryboy has it right. You are now in the Navy (sort of), which means that you will get paid just like all the other E-3s in the fleet..plus BAH and BAS. After graduation, you automatically advance to E-5 pay until you class up at OCS (and during). The wait to begin OCS has been long lately.

lance

Anybody know if and how long people (In the airmen BDCP) are getting delayed to go to OCS.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kyle,
If that really is your name. Recommend you create a new account with a callsign or nickname...never know who's out there reading your posts...and stop using your real name on the www.

r/
G

Status
Not open for further replies.