• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acceptance to OCS

Hi I was wondering, once one is accepted to OCS, do you leave immediately? Let's say someone doesn't feel physically prepared and needs more time to get in physical shape, are you allowed to tell your recruiter that you need more time before going to OCS? Or is it, tough luck, once you're accepted you go when your recruiter tells you to no exceptions?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I was given three weeks from acceptance to the date I needed to report. I have heard of some people waiting over a year for their OCS date. It seems to be a crapshoot.

Larick

None
Contributor
I recall my recruiter asking me when I would be available to ship out. I just told him ASAP. I think there's a line item to state that in the application.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
When I was accepted, I was given a start date about 4 weeks later. I was coming off of ankle surgery and told my recruiter I'd like to push it back to make sure I was back in good enough shape. He pushed it back another 4 weeks no problem. Just make your request and give your reason.

Echo Five

When I was accepted, I was given a start date about 4 weeks later. I was coming off of ankle surgery and told my recruiter I'd like to push it back to make sure I was back in good enough shape. He pushed it back another 4 weeks no problem. Just make your request and give your reason.
For SNA and SNFO selects as of this past 02AUG21 board, some of us have dates within the next couple months and some of us up to eight months away, but I am not sure what it's looking like for other designators like Supply. I would imagine much sooner though.

Hi I was wondering, once one is accepted to OCS, do you leave immediately? Let's say someone doesn't feel physically prepared and needs more time to get in physical shape, are you allowed to tell your recruiter that you need more time before going to OCS? Or is it, tough luck, once you're accepted you go when your recruiter tells you to no exceptions?
They have also started requiring us to participate in the Collegiate Onboarding Program which includes monthly meetings in preparation for OCS, as well as completing a PRT before shipping out, that way people are not showing up and immediately getting rolled or sent home. @edee2015 if once you're selected you still feel like you aren't physically ready, definitely talk to your recruiter; but if you start / keep training now I'm sure you will be fine!

You may also be able to link up with fellow selectees that you meet through COP and work out / study Bravo together.

PEFO Silver-Shades

i was in the SNA/NFO January 25th board of this year. my Shipping date is November 7th. Aviation selectees have longer wait times than other designators.

I'll be blunt since no one else has. If you're applying to be an Officer in the US Navy, you should be physically ready to go when called upon. Start working out now and be ready when your recruiter tells you to go. If you get a NO, then worst case, you're in good shape.
i was in the SNA/NFO January 25th board of this year. my Shipping date is November 7th. Aviation selectees have longer wait times than other designators.
do you know how long wait time is for supply?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
do you know how long wait time is for supply?
Dude, that’s what your recruiter is for. No one here will be able to tell you what the current wait times are for particular designators, as it constantly changes.