• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accelerated Flight Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahler

Ski3,

You can go on SWA website and read their requirements. Last time I was there it said they didn't require a 737 type rating, but if you got hired you had six months to get it. As for what your chances are without it, I don't know.

James

mikesand

Ill give you my take on the fast training for what its worth. Anyway, the Air Force requires everyone not going to navy training to get the private license before they go to upt, but I just asked if I could get mine any way, just so I didnt have to do lame busy work until I come to Pensacola. So this civilian training is where I get my info, and of course, I acknowledge it is very different in both environment and expectations. With that said... I fly about 10 to 15 hours a week, and when I backseat with my roommate who is going about 20 hours a week, he seems exponentially better than me. On the other hand, when I backseat with a friend who flies 5 or 6 hours a week, he is way behind my skills when I was at his time and experience flying. So it seems that the quicker you get the flight time, the better you fly. Of course, natural talent, previous experience, heck even video game playing, among other things, could have a lot to do with all this so, take my little personal observations with a grain of salt. I will say I, for one, will jump in the quicker program, provided that I dont totally suck it up trying to adjust from civilian to military flying.

*disclaimer: the phrase live by the gouge die by the gouge, applies to my opinions as well. Have a nice day. =D

Jeff

I just wanted to address a small missconception that people have about the Accel. program. (it may have been covered and I just missed it) It is not that you fly twice a day, they can do that to anyone that is doing well in the program. I started with two a days half way through fams. Accel means they combine flights. Where usually in FAMS there are four flights per block, an Accel. student will usually only get two. They will do this for you on FAMS, BIs and RIs. The disadvatage is less flight time, but the previous time really helps. How this works with your NSS, it aactually helps. They add points because you have less graded items. Whether or not it is better to have time or not I do not know, but from my own experience, the guys with prior time who are willing to sit down and do all the studying seem to do better than guys with no time. Anywho, thats my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.