• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

academics

USMC454

Primary... Whiting
does anyone have any idea how much of your NSS if any is based on your academics? I know that the only tests that count at all are systems, weather, and IFR, I was just curious as to how much the count...

Southern Ag

pilot
at the most 15-20%[not likely though]. the actual flying is what really counts as far as your nss is concerned. if you get avg academics and then ace the flying, youll have a high nss

USMC454

Primary... Whiting
How much does interactive courseware count? I heard like 35%... If they graded ICWs for speed then id have a good NSS for sure.

Schmuck

USMC454 said:
does anyone have any idea how much of your NSS if any is based on your academics? I know that the only tests that count at all are systems, weather, and IFR, I was just curious as to how much the count...

Academics do not count towards your NSS for selection. You get an academic NSS but it doesn't count for anything, unless two students wanted the same pipeline and had identical NSS's they would use it as a tiebreaker. Trust me I should know based on my poor academic performance in primary.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
For some reason 12-15% comes to mind... It was on a power point slide during my selection brief but the guy sped through it so I'm having problems recalling the #s. ICWs do not count as far as I know.

edit: yeah, now that you mentioned it I've seen the two different NSS's in my ATJ- They only told me my flight NSS when I was leaving primary though- and the two were a good bit different. Maybe the academic vs. flight breakdown was for Commodore's list then...

Perhaps someone will remember to pay attention during the brief in the upcomming selections and let us know.

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Zippy's right, the academic NSS is only good for the Commodore's award, and Schmuck is right that your flight NSS is good for your track select. Why there's 2 different ones, I'll never know. Seems to me that it would be a good idea to lump them together and get a "brains & monkey skills" category.

USMC454

Primary... Whiting
I was kidding about the ICWs, thats the biggest waste of time i have ever seen. At least it gives senior citizens a job sitting behind the desk and telling me to keep it down when I curse out the computor and throw my CR2 at it. SO what you are telling me is... If I had done the bare minimum on academics or aced every test, it doesnt matter as far as track selection. Not what I was hoping but so be it.