• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Academic degree plan question

DLawrence

It is my junior year and I am able to plan out next semester but my school will not release a list of classes for my senior year until the closing of this academic year. I know what classes I need to take to graduate but I dont know when they will be offered and that makes it kinda hard to plan out my last year. Im ahead in units thanks to the college classes and AP classes I took in high school so there is no question that I wont graduate on time so I was wondering if anyone else had that problem when they were applying and how they resolved it. Thanks for the help, this site is a great source of info.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
I had a similar problem so I made an appointment with my Dean (of college of engineering in my case) and sat down and explained my situation. He was able to look up in his computer when classes were supposed to be offered. I couldnt get times or days or any of that but his computer said what semesters they would be available. I don't know how your school works but maybe you could try that. If not talk to your recruiter he should be able to help. Good luck!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is my junior year and I am able to plan out next semester but my school will not release a list of classes for my senior year until the closing of this academic year. I know what classes I need to take to graduate but I dont know when they will be offered and that makes it kinda hard to plan out my last year. Im ahead in units thanks to the college classes and AP classes I took in high school so there is no question that I wont graduate on time so I was wondering if anyone else had that problem when they were applying and how they resolved it. Thanks for the help, this site is a great source of info.

Easy - just plan out what you need based on what is likely to be offered. Your degree plan is just that - a plan from which to deviate from as circumstances change. If you have to take English lit from 1900-1945 instead of Shakespeare and Milton, nobody will care.

Brett

BigRed389

None
Yeah, I just wrote down the bare ass minimums required to meet the major/minor I had listed.

According to my recruiter, the big deal is whether or not your Dean/Academic Advisor will sign off on it to confirm it will lead to you graduating by the date you had planned. I doubt they look at what courseload you intend to take in the future to see how "smart" you really are.

purduenavy

BDCP SNA
I did the same thing as well. They don't seem to care, as long as you will finish when you say you are going to with the degree you told them you were doing.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Always do the minimums. If you want to minor in something, do not list it. If you change your mind on it you will not have any trouble, but it you listed it you are stuck taking the classes.