• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

About to begin..

Newby82

Longtime lurker, first time poster! :)

I have read the gouge about API and the required reading about pre-api, but I am still a little confused what is required of me as a SNFO when I get down to Pensacola with a March 2nd report date, in the order of getting setup and settled in. I have a place to live and have done that, what I am looking for is what buildings I need to find and people I need to talk to, to check in and get set up and ready for API. Right now I just feel lost, I do know where the golf course is so I guess that is a plus.

ROTC doesn't really give a lot of info about what you do when they let you go, I just don't want to wander around forever when there is such a fountain of knowledge right here! Websites, numbers to call, buildings to go to would all help a lot.

Thanks again

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Longtime lurker, first time poster! :)

I have read the gouge about API and the required reading about pre-api, but I am still a little confused what is required of me as a SNFO when I get down to Pensacola with a March 2nd report date, in the order of getting setup and settled in. I have a place to live and have done that, what I am looking for is what buildings I need to find and people I need to talk to, to check in and get set up and ready for API. Right now I just feel lost, I do know where the golf course is so I guess that is a plus.

ROTC doesn't really give a lot of info about what you do when they let you go, I just don't want to wander around forever when there is such a fountain of knowledge right here! Websites, numbers to call, buildings to go to would all help a lot.

Thanks again

Welcome aboard! Since it's been a while, I'll let the guys who have gone through recently give out the particulars, but what you're feeling is completely normal. It sounds like you've already taken the initiative to get yourself a place to live and what not, so you're already ahead of your contemporaries. Generally when checking in to a new command in the Navy, you're going to want to go to the quarterdeck with your orders. NASC (schools command) is pretty easy to find on base and there are signs and people you can use to help you out. The people at the quarterdeck will fill you in on everything you need to know. IMO, the uncertainty in going to a new command and discovering a new city is part of the fun and adventure of the Navy.

Brett