• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A4s to be allowed back in the cockpit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
:sleep_125

That's a typical reaction from your bunch, SNA. Youth .... cockiness .... ignorance ... inexperience ... no history. Same-O, Same-O. And since I've trained and flown with hundreds ..... the difference between you and I is ... I know what I'm talking about.

Come back and see me when you do.

If I'm still alive ... or any of you are.

plc67

pilot
On behalf of the .01% of those of whom A4s refers we wholeheartedly agree with his conclusions.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
When a lot of the public thinks of folks over 60, they think of some enfeebled gent, playing canasta at the ol' folks home...I don't believe this is accurate anymore.

Just look at this former Air Force fighter pilot/astronaut, in his 70's answering a question from a member of the public:

/Threadjack:/ HAL, you should read Shute's Trustee From The Toolroom, or A Town Like Alice, both great novels. Haven't read any of his aviation books, but hear they are good.

KSUFLY

pilot
When a lot of the public thinks of folks over 60, they think of some enfeebled gent, playing canasta at the ol' folks home...I don't believe this is accurate anymore.

Just look at this former Air Force fighter pilot/astronaut, in his 70's answering a question from a member of the public:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKxAqpjroo

/Threadjack:/ HAL, you should read Shute's Trustee From The Toolroom, or A Town Like Alice, both great novels. Haven't read any of his aviation books, but hear they are good.

El linko, no worko.

plc67

pilot
I'm going to guess it's Buzz Aldrin popping that journalist who claims the lunar landings were fake. By the recipients own admission it was a mighty hit.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
On behalf of the .01% of those of whom A4s refers we wholeheartedly agree with his conclusions.

Well, I'll be damned ... you're one of the .01%??!! Then you must have been one of my instructors. :)

Good to hear from you, Sir, and it's great to see you've taken a lickin' but you're still kickin' ... :D

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
The Age 60 thing is a train wreck for many reasons.. Most are Money and Politcs but some others:

-Litigation... The bloodthirsty lawyers will be all over this.. Those to get jobs/seats back and those on furlough!

-Medicals... Could get significantly harder = more disability cases

-Senority.. Not just upgrades; this is also quality of life..

-B Plan.. Exists due to regulatory retirement age...

-Ability to retire at 60 without penalty..

-Negotiations... The company now has one more tool to split the pilot group and use at the table..

Many, many more.. Just naming a few that worry me...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.