• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-School student shot and killed in P'cola

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A Navy A-schooler at Corry Station was shot and killed while jogging a few blocks from the gate on Thursday.

News-Journal article

I live just out the NASP front gate, and while the neighborhoods around military bases are never all that great, Warrington has really gone downhill in the last few years. I'm not sure why that should be, since P'cola in general has spruced up and gentrified.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
That sucks...sucks that those people are among the bunch that we fight to defend and keep free.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I can't tell you how much this makes my blood boil. There are some stupid fucks out there who don't deserve to live. I wish Navy Blvd could be bulldozed and made into public parkland.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Wasn't it always the case that the area between NASP and downtown Pcola was rather, um, sporting? I'm not surprised that the area of depression has consolidated and intensified, since that's what usually happens with gentrification, but holy crap - this is beyond the pale. Multiple gunshot wounds? What the hell?

NUFO06

None
Just sucks, way to many shady characters outside the front gate, needs cleaning up.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
How is the neighborhood west of the back gate? I'm looking at houses down here right now....

red_ryder

None
Out the back gate is pretty nice, I live there. A lot of military live out here, so it's pretty uneventful. (knock on wood)

I heard about this, quite disturbing. :icon_rage

Pensacola, classy as always. :rolleyes:

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
How terrible for her family and shipmates. I used to jog all the time when I lived in Pensacola just outside the back gate - without worrying about being shot.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I ran just blocks from there in the few nights before I reported to OCS... unreal. It did feel quite shady.

Bevo16

pilot
2nd PT related death this month. One guy hit by a car while riding a bike, then this murder.

I have yet to see a casualty report where someone gets killed or hurt while sitting on their ass watching football. So, do me and yourself a favor and get the College Football package and NFL Sunday ticket, and PT on base where people don't drive like idiots and armed robbery is not so common.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wasn't it always the case that the area between NASP and downtown Pcola was rather, um, sporting?....
Nope; South Navy BLVD used to be populated by families and STUDs in training ... I used to live in a duplex @ 509-B South Navy BLVD ... it was a relatively nice, thoroughly safe area.

Even all the way to downtown was safe. No problems.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Wow, I lived right by there when I was in API.

"Hey, man, look at this huge house right near base. Rent's only $400 a month. It's old, but God, what a deal. . ."

And that's how we learned never to rent a house solely based on the MLS listing. Was kinda cool, though, I was the only white person under 60 in the neigborhood and I'm pretty sure my neighbors were drug dealers.

JHolt

Yeah, Pensacola isn't exactly the best, it isn't the worst, but it has gone downhill. I've lived here for 13 years now.

I don't completely understand the increased violence, but I know it seemed to get worse after Katrina. I think that there was a big migration of the New Orleans crowd and somewhere in there some bad apples got in. For those of you from here I live back behind the wal mart on mobile hwy, but since katrina we have had like 3 trap houses pop up and i have had people I went to high school with get shot/stabbed.

It's pretty lame that now when you go out that possibility of being harmed is much more tangible than it previously was.

Hope the family is doing fine.