• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A quick little question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter86

I was wondering, at what part of flight training are you able to choose what type of aircraft you will fly? I would assume it is at the begining sometime. I heard that after the first segment of flight training you are able to choose whether you want to fly jets, helos, or props and then after the next section, you can choose exactly what type of aircraft. Is this true? Thank you.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
After primary you choosw the type:jet, helo, maritime etc. Then exact platform after advanced.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
What Dave said is true with one exception. If you get selected for TACAMO after primary, you know you will be flying the E-6 from that point on. If you are selected just for maritime, you know you will be flying some form of P-3 (P-3 or EP-3). It is a plus because you no longer have to compete against your peers for a aircraft, though I hear in maritime there is competition for base assignments (because apparently 99% of the Navy is scared of cold weather so when they hear the word Brunswick they cringe and prepare to sell their soul to avoid being stationed there, boo, boo, y'all suck my fair weather friends, :icon_tong ).

Status
Not open for further replies.