• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question about the interviews.

Nukeswo

Just wondering I saw the interview sheets the board memebers were going to fill out. What is a competitve score? Do you need all 10s and outstandings or will 1 9 knock you out of the running?

Also is there different acceptance rates for SWO, core and the other catagories?

Thanks

MM2

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
From my experience and from what I have heard about the scores, they either give you 10s and 9s or they don't recomend you at all.

Hursel110

None
Also is there different acceptance rates for SWO, core and the other catagories?

Thanks

MM2

Don't worry about it. Apply for Core, and whichever option group you have the greatest preference for. Otherwise, you might just get what you "wished" for, whether you really wanted it or not.

FMRAM

Don't worry about it. Apply for Core, and whichever option group you have the greatest preference for. Otherwise, you might just get what you "wished" for, whether you really wanted it or not.

If you were talking about swo, I think Nukeswo is cool with the whole black-shoe gig...:icon_tong

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Don't sweat the interviews. Basically, the only way to really "study" for some of the boards is to brush up on current events. (Some of the guys love to ping on that stuff). Otherwise, relax and go into the interview with a positive attitude and remain cool and collected. Don't get cocky, just relax. They aren't there to rake you over the coals, they just want to get to know you and see your views on a few things. That will determine the marks they put down.
If you still need some help or have some questions, PM me and I'll talk with you a little.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I had almost all 10's on my interviews with the exception of one of the 6 officers gave me all 8's. I'm not sure if they just ignored that one or what, but it worked out fine for me.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had almost all 10's on my interviews with the exception of one of the 6 officers gave me all 8's. I'm not sure if they just ignored that one or what, but it worked out fine for me.

I've dinged folks on interviews if I didn't get the feeling that they had "it."

Brett

FMRAM

Don't be suprised if some of the board members ask you some off the wall questions, or are just plain rude...resist the temptation to get upset. If you know you are right...then stand up for what you know is right.

Nukeswo

Yeah, One of the officers in my off ship board blantantly said I was wrong and tried to get under my skin. It also seemed like they were trying to ask questions that I wouldn't know the answer to.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, One of the officers in my off ship board blantantly said I was wrong and tried to get under my skin. It also seemed like they were trying to ask questions that I wouldn't know the answer to.

They were just trying to see what you were made of. It's a common technique.

Brett

Tibmag

also I found, after seemingly standard questions, current events, chain of command, job knowledge, etc... the rest of them were entirely opinion questions, like the others said stand up for what you believe is right, but in addition to that, do not contradict yourself, or if they back you into a corner with a certain opinion stick by what you stated, going back and forth will be looked upon poorly.