• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-pool wait time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I'm about to start OCS here on 23OCT and will be reporting to API afterwards. My question is, what kind of stash jobs will they give you during the wait period for API? Also, what is the likelihood of being moved out of the NASP area to somewhere else during the wait, only to return back for API? Will they keep you in the area somewhere or just send you wherever?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

notyco

Once you get your NAMI, PRT/SWIM, BOLTC and IFS, it really is only about 3 or 4 weeks to class up.

N88 TAR students I don't know what it stands for but I had the same thing on my orders, but it means report to NASC for API.

I'm in A-pool right now about ready to class up, and I have seen probably 3 or 4 LT's stashed here for a few months, basically how classing up works right now is as soon as you get your stuff done you go in and see Capt Opry and he will give you a class date. It doesn't really matter if you are an O1 or an O3.

Stash jobs range from anything from the watch bill to being a test subject for medical experiments. Everybody complains about that watchbill but it's not that bad. I stand the quarterdeck watch about twice a month, which is way better than some of the guys with other jobst that have to work in and office multiple days a week.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Hey, thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind the medical experiments if I can get some sort of hazard pay, or have some pretty little nurse probing away!

How about the location? Are you usually stashed somewhere where your API will be, or do they just put your name in the hat and put you wherever you're needed? The reason why I'm wondering is because I wouldn't mind putting down on a house in NASP to later rent out to others, but I don't want to do it if I'm going to get plopped out to Arkansas NRD with a old Caprice recruiting car. What do you think?

Again, thanks a bunch for the info. I can never seem to get anyone to give me straight answers....thanks!!

kray1395

Yes, they are retreads from what I've seen. Don't know much about their specifics as far as wait time for class up or anything like that but there is certainly somewhat of a wait for them.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
If O-2s or O-3s are stashed and came from an unrestricted line community, then yes they should be warfare qualified unless there is some sort of waiver straight from God.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My point was, unrestricted guys with pins having to wait is a raw deal.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
'rite of passage'...yeah...I think the SWOs have had plenty of those. as have the FOs goin for Pilot. whatever.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Ahhh the aviation training pipleline. A-pool is a great introduction. Wait. Wait some more. Get into API, go like hell. Get out of API, wait. Wait some more. Get into Primary, go like hell, then wait, then go, then wait....

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
If it were just the time, I wouldn't care. However, I'm looking at NOBs on my fitreps the whole time I'm there. Combine that with coming into the community four years after most other guys, and I start to get concerned about promotion.

Also, Zab and Pat pretty much echo my feelings about the rites of passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.