• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-pool to Clean-up Oil

SH-60OB

pilot
I mean it wasn't talked up very well. Actually the opposite, it sounded like a shitload of work. A friend who went to VFA-106 went and had 8+ hour days writing the sim schedule.

Having installed computers at NAVHOSP Pensacola while stashed for 9 Months waiting for API, I would have jumped at a chance to get to a squadron. We could use the help writing and running the schedule, covering PAO duties for the dets, wrangling Midshipmen, being qualified observers for flights, etc..., but we will get by without it.

I get it, getting paid to muster in P'cola sure beats working for a living. That said, for the right person it could be win win. Thanks for getting the word out.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Just announced this to all the A-poolers at Thursday's muster last week, no bites yet. A-pool is moving along so fast right now that it may be a better opportunity for guys on the C-pool side. The word is being spread sir.

What is C-pool?

bigwill2876

Stevie; Check under your bed, your "significant other" (DADT) may have put some oil balls under your side of the mattress...

C Pool, done with A and B pool and waiting for Primary.

Would that Sq assignment be available/good for Pool C'ers ?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
People seem to want VT-3 for the T-6B but it's not like you really have a choice which TRARON you go to. You only get a wing preference

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
What is C-pool?

C-pool is where students get to sit once they have completed API while waiting to class up for primary. It is similar to A-pool, except you wear a flight suit instead of khakis and have different obligations than the A-poolers do.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm assuming you mean B-Pool. It's a wait pool for people that already started API, but are on hold for some reason (medical, family emergency, etc..) You stay in B-Pool until they take care of your issue, then you roll into a new class that's in whatever week you left off at.

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Wow! "People seem to want VT-3". I never thought I'd see that in writing!

GIANTKILLER

Ducky, whats the phone number to the NMCI office over at the mega building? I need to get some info from them. Enjoy cleaning up that oil.

Dude, my "Stash Job" in A-Pool was to crank out NMCI accounts for everyone entering NATTC. I would have preferred being on the beach doing something with some purpose. Its not passing judgement from a far as much as it is judgement based on a little experience. Then when A-pool makes the news for shooting birds, stealing the peg leg pete's statue, running golf carts into waffle houses, driving a car through someones house then leaving the scene, and pulling a knife on someone it doesn't give a whole lot of credibility to your case when trying to wiggle out of some meaningful work.