• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-pool to Clean-up Oil

punx_clever

Some of the ensigns have been tapped to start training to clean up oil from the shores around Pensacola if the oil makes landfall. Talk about an interesting stash job!

I just hope I still get a chance to go through with working at teh restoration hanger for the museum though.

mountainman

Ha, I knew that it was just a matter of time:)

Not to thread hijack, but could you PM me the details of working in the restoration hangar. I would love to do that if they need some more bodies.

punx_clever

The word that I have is that anyone can volunteer, but to get it as your "stash-job" isn't going to happen unless another spot opens up. I just happened to get the opportunity during muster this morning when I was checking in.

hawkeyeHandler

Sergio Kontek
pilot
You'll get nothing and like it, Spalding! With any luck the Florabama will bring out some free kegs for volunteers if you work the beach over there. Location, location, location

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
At least this would be a little more deserving of handing out a NAM than some ENS's who worked at an elementary school for a few weeks.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some of the ensigns have been tapped to start training to clean up oil from the shores around Pensacola if the oil makes landfall. Talk about an interesting stash job!

I just hope I still get a chance to go through with working at teh restoration hanger for the museum though.

Yep, maybe you'll get to keep the hardhat as a souvenir!

web_100430-N-6268N-093.jpg

100430-N-6268N-093 PENSACOLA, Fla. (April 30, 2010) Contract employees with BP America, Inc. prepare an oil containment boom at Naval Air Station Pensacola to assist in oil recovery efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Deepwater Horizon was an ultra-deepwater oil rig that sank April 22, causing a massive oil spill threatening the U.S. Gulf Coast. (U.S. Navy photo by Patrick Nichols/Released)

punx_clever

I've already got my oilfield hardhat complete with certification stickers... I really didn't want another. Coulda sworn I left New Mexico to get OUT of the oil patch:confused:

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
LOL, and here I was thinking for a split second that the beach this year was going to be much better...split second gone! And as for the hard hat...just make sure that mine is a yellow one so I can see my souvenir if I happen to fall in :D

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
let the shafting begin....see you all at 0715...

Are you kidding me? Why don't you focus on something other than yourself. You're helping recover from one of the largest ecological disasters the Gulf Coast has faced. Deal with the inconvience to your "difficult" life in A-pool and think about the terrible impact this disaster could have on the entire region.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

Helping keep the beach you are going to get drunk and party on seems like a real shaft.......

Step up be a man and take charge, if you do your job exceedingly well you might be rewarded for it. No need to be shafted, make the best of a bad situation!

Yes, I know this goes against my previous NAM post.

Brunes

pilot

Oh no- You have to do a little community service to earn your pay check for a while....That's is a damn crying shame.
Your piss poor attitude will take you far in aviation- Best of luck!!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

Really? We've got Marines dying in Afghanistan, sleeping in shitty ass mudholes, eating shit on a shingle out of a bag...
Right now, some Army Rangers are bedding down in a valley in some shitty mountain range by Pakistan, andprobably standing by to get shot at...
Seaman Schmuckatelli is on a pitching carrier deck, gettin' fucking blasted by sea-spray, jet blast, and rotor-wash...and seeing nothing but blue...

You get to hang out on one of the nicest beaches in the country, help save the environment; and "Oh noes! I have to get up early!" is your response? You disgust me...
-23 Ensign D-Bag!
Pickle