• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-Pool info

Meyerkord

pilot
Anyone who has been through recently care to share how holiday leave worked for Christmas/New Years? Found some info from a long time ago but I wanted to see how it works now.

farsightusf

Anyone who has been through recently care to share how holiday leave worked for Christmas/New Years? Found some info from a long time ago but I wanted to see how it works now.

Both will be 96s but if you want to leave the radius you need to follow the leave procedure as per Flight management policy. There will be a block where you can take extended leave during Christmas.

Meyerkord

pilot
Some data points:

- Current pool is about 400 people
- Wait times for pilots to start IFS is approximately 6 months after commissioning (3 months OHARP, 3 months in Pensacola)
- NFOs are being pushed through very quickly
- We were able to take holiday leave in IFS (1 block). Not sure how long that's been a thing, but the IFS director said that's something he changed. People not classed up could take both blocks of leave

snake020

Contributor
Some data points:

- Wait times for pilots to start IFS is approximately 6 months after commissioning (3 months OHARP, 3 months in Pensacola)
- We were able to take holiday leave in IFS (1 block). Not sure how long that's been a thing, but the IFS director said that's something he changed. People not classed up could take both blocks of leave

Don't know how it is now, but I remember the first muster after holiday standdown, everyone in A-Pool went through a whiz quiz.

A week later, I got called to one of those random stash duties as bailiff for a court martial, and during a recess, some Marine 2nd Lt had an Article 32 hearing for popping for weed.

Meyerkord

pilot
Don't know how it is now, but I remember the first muster after holiday standdown, everyone in A-Pool went through a whiz quiz.

A week later, I got called to one of those random stash duties as bailiff for a court martial, and during a recess, some Marine 2nd Lt had an Article 32 hearing for popping for weed.
That sounds way more interesting than any of the watches or stashes they give out now. No whiz quiz as of yet.

TheGreatGaspi23

Some data points:

Hey Meyerkord, I'm currently on OHARP (SNA) with an arrival date of 07Mar19 to Pensacola.. judging by the recent wait times is it possible that I will be in A-Pool for 3 months before starting IFS? Also after IFS is there more time spent in A-pool before API?

Trying to get an idea of what's to come from someone who is currently there..

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

What's funny is I recall a brief we got way back in Legal O Skool about appellate leave. To wit, those people some CO thought he was being badass and court-martialing for minor offenses? Yeah, guess what? They get a punitive discharge? Great. That punitive discharge shall be appealed to a military appeals court before it takes effect. Which can take more than two years. In the interim, the individual burns regular leave until they run out. Then, they're on non-paid leave, but still on active duty, until the appeals court approves the punitive discharge and they can get a DD-214 and be booted. But they still get SGLI, Tricare, and death benefits while the courts are doing their thing. The Marines were noted as particularly egregious offenders at this . . . potentially wasting two years of government benefits court-martialing idiots who could have just been booted at an admin board or BOI with an OTH for petty crimes.

An Article 32 hearing and potential court-martial for an O-1 popping for weed? Talk about a waste of government resources. Convene a BOI, give the idiot their OTH, and be done with it.

https://www.newriver.marines.mil/Portals/17/Documents/Appellate Leave.pdf

Meyerkord

pilot
Hey Meyerkord, I'm currently on OHARP (SNA) with an arrival date of 07Mar19 to Pensacola.. judging by the recent wait times is it possible that I will be in A-Pool for 3 months before starting IFS? Also after IFS is there more time spent in A-pool before API?

Trying to get an idea of what's to come from someone who is currently there..
The short answer is probably yes and yes, but it's hard to say because the wait times change based on the time of year. I graduated OCS in June which means I was also in line with a bunch of academy and ROTC people, so my wait times could have been inflated a bit. Then again, the woman who runs our PT said the pool is as big as she's ever seen it. I'm predicting I'll leave Pensacola about 9 months after I arrived. If you need to do IFS, expect to be in Pensacola for the same (7-9 months).

All that being said, do yourself a favor and get out of the mindset of trying to figure out how long things take during flight training. There are a lot of people being filtered through a lot of moving parts, and there is no "master schedule" that shows you when you're classing up for everything. Once you're done with your initial appointments (dental, anthros, flight gear fitting, NAMI, APIT), you're in line with everybody else, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy Pensacola. You'll get an email when it's your turn.

Eulenspeigel

I-JET
pilot
The short answer is probably yes and yes, but it's hard to say because the wait times change based on the time of year. I graduated OCS in June which means I was also in line with a bunch of academy and ROTC people, so my wait times could have been inflated a bit. Then again, the woman who runs our PT said the pool is as big as she's ever seen it. I'm predicting I'll leave Pensacola about 9 months after I arrived. If you need to do IFS, expect to be in Pensacola for the same (7-9 months).

All that being said, do yourself a favor and get out of the mindset of trying to figure out how long things take during flight training. There are a lot of people being filtered through a lot of moving parts, and there is no "master schedule" that shows you when you're classing up for everything. Once you're done with your initial appointments (dental, anthros, flight gear fitting, NAMI, APIT), you're in line with everybody else, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy Pensacola. You'll get an email when it's your turn.

Women who runs PT gouge is the worst gouge in Pensacola, and that's saying something