• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-Pool Delay Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh04

Stashed SNA - NRD Chicago
I'm curious to find out from people still waiting in the A-pool, or who have just recently classed up what the average delay time is from reporting to classing up. I've heard that if you do IFS down in P-Cola that those people tend to have a shorter A-pool time. Any thoughts on delay times and when a SNA reporting in February could expect to start API. Oh, and also, any good suggestions for stash jobs down there?

litreofcola

I have been here since June 18, 2004, I did IFS in pensacola and that has prolonged my stay in A-pool due to Corpus and Whiting being on hold for new SNA's right now. There was no news today on class-dates for all the SNA's in the pool but right now I am estimating February or March
As of this post classup dates are assigned according to weeks on board in A-Pool

litreofcola

I have no idea about the reasons for the hold. In our weekly thursday meeting with the flight management officer, he passes this info on to us when they announce the class up list for the following week. Corpus stopped taking pilots for about six weeks starting at the beginning of november and on the 16 of december we were informed that Whiting would not be taking any pilots for 6 weeks

This is only for Navy SNA's, whiting is still taking Coasties, Marines and AF's as far as I know, sorry for not distinguishing this in the previous post.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I've also been here since June 18 and did IFS here. I volunteered for the NPS online courses. In my opinion, that is the best stash "job," if they offer it to you. We just had to phone muster in the morning and show up for the Thursday briefing. We took four online classes that, while time-consuming, weren't difficult and were pretty interesting. Supposedly they will be offering it again soon. I was supposed to class up 14 JAN, now it's been pushed to 4 FEB; and I wouldn't be suprised if it gets pushed back again.

There was another guy from my unit who came down June 18th with me and didn't volunteer for NPS. He's not supposed to class up until March. Somehow, he's managed to not get picked for a stash job.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Another good stash job is the museum from what I hear. I got here on 10 September and am now assigned to doing people's taxes (yay.....). Hopefully you don't get stuck with the watchbill. Good luck

kray1395

Physicx said:
Is it faster if you go to the Air Force side?

If you choose the Air Force, and they choose you, choose to make you a pilot, decide that they are going to gurantee you F-15's or B-1's, decide to send you to train in Pensacola and Whiting Field...... then yes, you will not wait as long in A-pool. Good luck!

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I think what he meant was if you class up faster if you volunteer to do primay at Vance or Moody. Yes, that's true. However, do a search here to see what people who have done that think of Air Force training.

gnorman911

if you were commisioned in FY 05 you will not be allowed to volunteer for vance or moody to class up quicker, they are going to get all the 04 guys through first, at least that is what the commander told me...

hobbz

Final Select NFO
Is the wait time the same for NFOs? I'm heading to OCS in February so I'll probably be stashed in Pensacola this summer waiting on API.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Jaxs170 said:
So why exactly are Corpus and Whiting on hold for new SNAs?

I'm in Corpus now waiting to class up for primary. I reported 13 Dec and won't start until 25 Feb, they're very backed up here.

NavyLonghorn

kray1395 said:
If you choose the Air Force, and they choose you, choose to make you a pilot, decide that they are going to gurantee you F-15's or B-1's, decide to send you to train in Pensacola and Whiting Field...... then yes, you will not wait as long in A-pool. Good luck!

The AF pilots that train with us are not guranteed anything, that would be the Wizos that train with us. AF pilots are just as unsure as Navy pilots about what they are gonna fly. Careful with your Gouge.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I think the original post was meant to imply the AF pilots who are hired by air national guard or AF reserve units, they are guaranteed a platform if they successfully complete training (ie, hired by a 135 unit they will fly the 135, hired by an A-10 unit they will fly A-10s).

If someone is hired by a fighter unit and they cannot cut it during training, they can be reassigned to a heavy unit, though I am not 100% sure how that process works exactly. Also, I do not remember ever hearing of an AF stud who was going to a guard or reserve unit going through 34s, and only a small number of studs who were bound for C-130 reserve or guard units going to Corpus after completing T-37s (I had 2 C-130 guard bound studs in my T-1 class, one was a 2Lt, the other a Major who was a prior Navy LT).

kray1395

API-0905 said:
The AF pilots that train with us are not guranteed anything, that would be the Wizos that train with us. AF pilots are just as unsure as Navy pilots about what they are gonna fly. Careful with your Gouge.

Thanks shipmate, I'll definitely try to be more careful with my gouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.