• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a few snipers

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
24131707_0a3d327a11_z.jpg

all replica project guns. the mosin is the most difficult to master but its a 1.5 moa shooter with most milsurp ammo.

113052944_e66dcc6b75_b.jpg

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Is that a true mosin sniper? I've got an M44 that holds pretty tight groups, it also seems to shoot better with the bayonet extended for some reason. Always a crowd pleaser near sundown at the range, that thing spits the biggest fireball I've ever seen.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
hi josh,
its a finn 91-30, not an m-44 which had the intregral bayo. the stock is actually made in two pieces to allow for temp related expansion of the metal in the scandanavian environment. i like it a lot.
the vietnam marine sniper, carlos hathcock was stalking a viet cong or nva sniper who had a similar weapon. reportedly,, carlos saw a reflection and shot. his round hit the gooks's scope. traveled down the tub and hit him in the eye. aparently the gook was just about to squeese off a round.

FlyinRock

Is that a true mosin sniper? I've got an M44 that holds pretty tight groups, it also seems to shoot better with the bayonet extended for some reason. Always a crowd pleaser near sundown at the range, that thing spits the biggest fireball I've ever seen.
The bayonet extended may have an affect on what is termed "barrel whip" and can have a dramatic effect on groups. Similar to putting a vibration dampener on a bow. Love to see the pyrotechnics from firearms at night. Destroys night vision but what the hell................... its fun! <gg>
Semper Fi

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
i was fortunate to get all 3 scopes and mounts about 10 years ago before the prices went balistic.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I'd love to find a Finn M38. I have a 91/30 also, can't decide what I want to do with it. I know some purists would hate me, but I'm thInking of chopping the barrel down and tapping the reciever for a nice scope mount. It's not a numbers matching gun so I wouldnt feel bad about doing that to a piece of 'history'.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Well I think I want to make a fun little hog killer out of it, I have a gunsmith friend that will do the work for a case of beer so I wouldn't have to invest much in it. Check out rocksolid industries, guy makes some really nice stuff for scope mounts and other goodies.