• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

I have read a lot about the Navy OCS process, but am a little confused about the Marines. If you are out of college do you go through OCC, then TBS?
Is this the process?:
ASTB
Apply
Pro Rec
PFT
Final docs
Swear in
OCC
TBS
flight school (if pilot)

I believe in the Navy you don't take the PFT until after pro rec, but is it part of your initial package to the USMC?

Does the Navy handle the medical, so the PRK waver process and requirements would remain the same, or does the USMC have their own rules?

Also I was told that the Navy ASTB can be used for the Marine application, how is this done, and can one apply to both the Navy and the Marines at the same time?

Thanks!

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
First you put your package together, including PFT (This is the Marines, son!).

Marine Aviators are Naval Aviators so vision requirements are the same. Of course you can use the ASTB score, just tell your OSO you already took it & they'll pull up the record (4/6 min. required for USMC).

You then contract with your OSO office & send your package up to the board for final approval. If selected as a SNA, you attend OCC, then TBS, & finally Flight School.

I don't believe one can dual apply, but I'm not certain.

Daedalus

Anyone else, can you dual apply? Also does anyone know what aircraft are flown other than the F-18 by the Marines? Do the Marines have their own bases or do they share everything with the Navy?

riley

Fixed wing jet:
F-18 A and C models (single seat). F-18 D (with NFO). EA-6B Prowler (EW - 1 pilot, 3 NFOs), AV-8B Harrier II (single seat, VTOL)
Fixed wing prop:
KC-130 Hercules

Check out this website - it will have more details and info on rotary wing as well (I assumed you were asking about fixed wing)

http://www.marineofficercandidate.com/aviation_home_page.htm

zamirs

hey guys,

i need a lot of help. does anyone know how to go about getting a dd214 re-entry code changed? i would appreciate anything you know. thanks.

Daedalus

Is the application process for Marine air any faster than Navy, being that the Marines seem to be in more need than the Navy( are they)? Anyone know how long it takes for a decision after submitting, then how long do people wait for OCS OCC?
Thanks

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I submitted my packet in late October and didn't hear back till early January. There were other guys I took my contracting PFT with and they heard back in two to three weeks. We were all aviation contracts too. I'm not sure why this is, but I guess that it varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.