• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a few questions regarding BDCP

Tibmag

I confess I know nothing about this program, I was wondering if this is something you can get selected for if you are already enlisted, or if this is something you have to work out prior to enlistment. I am already a year+ into a 5 year contract wondering if this program might be something I could take advantage of or not.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
To be eligible, you need to be working towards a bachelor's degree as a full-time student. It's not like STA-21 which will send you to college.

Tibmag

I was working towards one. I am backed into a corner here. I fell for the 'sign up, and apply to STA-21'. Which turned out to be a mistake, but I have no one to blame but myself, I should have done better research, and at the time I didn't know Officer and enlisted recruiters worked out of different houses, so I was clueless, and despite the fact that my recruiter knew exactly what I wanted to do, he kept me in the dark about the idea of even speaking to an officer recruiter. I am not sure where to go from here, right now the plan that is in the works is finishing what school I have left part time and applying to OCS, any other ideas?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
BDCP is for students actually in college (non-Navy). Accession programs for sailors who haven't completed their degree yet are covered by the STA-21 program (or you can get accepted to USNA). Only other option is to finish it on your own and apply for OCS outright.