• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a few questions on BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poe

Hi everyone.
I have just started to collect information about the BDCP and I have some quiestions for you guys!

(1) If accepted, is there a chance that I could get pulled out of my college to go to the fleet prior to finishing? Does the time in college count toward active duty/retirement?

(2) After OCS, do I go to the school that I am designated for? Is that designation secured at that point or before?

(3) If I go to the designator school, am I active duty after that or am I active reserves? The reason I am asking this question is that I have found information stating that I would go to active reserve status after OCS.

(4) Is there an advantage for taking the BDCP path v.s. applying for OCS after college? Would I get a better chance at orders?

(5) What do you think about my stats?
Major: Aviation maintenance management
GPA: 3.2
Seeking designation: AMDO
29 years old
4 years prior enlisted Aviation mech (AD)
Senior in college
IRR
OAR: not taking yet

I would greatly appreciate any information you could give.
Thank you!!

Poe

firefriendly,
Thank you very much for your input! I am going to San Jose State Univ. I am graduating at the earliest next Dec. maybe 1 semester after that. When are you planning to graduate?
Thanks for the web site info. I'll review this!

Kycntryboy,
Are you saying that I am too far in to school because of the process time? Do you think it is impossible to selected if I am senior?
Thanks!

Poe.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I think for BDCP you have to be more than 12 months away from graduation, but have at least 30 hours...so you can be either a sophomore (in order to take advantage of a 3-year BDCP program for technical degrees) or a junior (for 2 year BDCP for non-tech degrees). I am sliding right under the wire for it, I will *hopefully* be final selected here in the next week or two, the middle of my first semester, junior year.

bbell

The fiscal year starts in October. The fiscal year you fall under is determined by when you graduate from OCS. So, unless you would start OCS immediately after graduation, you would likely fall into fiscal year 08.

Status
Not open for further replies.