• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Few Good WSO's

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Saw this recently;

"A Few Good WSOs"

Son we live in a world that has targets and those targets have to be found by WSOs with FLIRS. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

WSOs have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for a Charlie or Echo, and you curse the WSOs. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what we know - that a 700 pound fuel deficit, while tragic, probably finds targets; and our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you takes lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want WSOs in that backseat - you need WSOs in that backseat.

We use words like "radar prediction," "offset aimpoint," "cleared hot." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent finding the enemy.

You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who flies and fights under the blanket of SA that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it!

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and push your pickle button. Otherwise, I suggest you take the TDC and start slewin'.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to fly!

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Anyone have the ECMO version of this? I saw it at the RAG and thought it was pretty good.

flip

Well around here people say the pilots are entitled to steer and the wizzos are the ones that do the thinking, but as being planned to be a front seater, i strongly disagree :D

Although..you are able to teach monkeys how to fly...if you have enough bananas

Flip