• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A feeling I'm sure alot of you have felt about your particular ride

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Can you be a little more specific? What year? Or just tell us the story already. It's not privileged if that's what you're worried about.

The PT-6 is a very robust engine. If you're story involves Summerdale, I'd be interested to hear what you saw inside. Otherwise, T-34's with chip lights is not something that's trying to kill you. It's more like a Cops episode where you had a heated argument with the T-34 in your kitchen and the T-34 happened to be holding a knife. You just happened to be on the correct side of said argument.

Wife-beater shirt is optional.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Edit: Just realized it was in Wingspan, so public info. As I remember: SNA Solo gets Chip Light over South Working areas, executes successful PEL to NOLF Waldron. Can't recall offhand if the PT6A-25 ate itself on the way or he shut it down. SNA got an Air Medal for the work. If that was riggsjt, good on 'em.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Okay, then. Guess it's something of the real deal. Get used to it. I've blase enough by now to have "near death experience" being the answer to "so how was work today?"

busdriver

None
I remember an inadvertent IMC incident in a previous unit. The young back-enders were all up in arms and freaked out. Those of us with experience couldn't help but laugh. Welcome to the world of aviation, sometimes shit goes bad, it won't be your last.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Reminds me of the time after one such incident, the CO asked me if I wanted to come off the schedule the next day. I told him that the choices were to either go flying or just take off my wings, and that my choice was to go fly.

If near disasters really upset you, find another line of work.

phrogpilot73

I almost hit an unlit tower the other night, because we deviated from the certified TERF route. The old girl didn't try and kill me, lead did...

phrogpilot73

almost hit a tower because you deviated from the route? Nice.
Yup. Call it complacency, call it frustration that we have one "TERF" route available to us... Add in the fact that the route we were supposed to fly was certified the day before, small tweak by the flight lead (moving a checkpoint 1/2 mile to the west) and these things happen...

TexasZJ1

We flew all over the vacapes area. Never "almost" hit a tower...did hit a seagull on the carrier pier transition once...bounced off a crewman who was hanging out the pax door.

Hunter

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
Stinky, I'm sorry bro, but the first thing that came to mind when I read this was this...

NMCI blocked streaming video, so was trying to find this on the phone and copy and paste the link tapatalk and it didn't work.

Here's the link I intended.