• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A day in the life of an NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Both Pilots and NFOs also hold ground jobs in their squadrons, at home and on deployment. You will need to, at a minimum, hang out in your shop/branch for at least part of the day, every day, and find out from your senior enlisted what issues they are facing and how you can help resolve them.

WannaBEaP3gal

webmaster said:
Ah, such love, for the rest of you out there, this is called JEALOUSY.... and you have got it wrong, its more like, sleep 12 hours, wake up with a hangover and your 3P banging on the door to get you to go to sunday brunch, go chow down and make fun of the AF, go take a nap 1.5 hours (ie brunch induced coma), go play a round of golf (lose 6 golf balls, but whos counting), get a call from OPS wondering where (1) you are at and why didn't you tell the OPSO you were playing golf, he wanted to play too (2) are you ever going to return the ready van?, and oh by the way (3) you guys are getting launched since the scheduled crew is on their 7th hour of preflight and the plane is now fixed, but their crew day is busted for the mission. Drive on the wrong side of the road, and you all yell at the Nav for being such a dumbass, and go change into flight suits, grab some chow, pick up the Es, head out to the flight line. Brief 30 minutes from a TSC LT that reads in a monotone and obviously doesn't want to be there, while the MC rips the brief to shreds over the missing information. Got out and preflight for another 3 hours, and hopefully get off deck in time. Place the case of beer in the doppler well to chill. Fly for 10 -12 hours, of which 3-4 hours is spent in the rack contemplating how you are going to spend the per diem. Land and commence drinkex.

People often ask me why I want to fly p-3s instead of something "cool" ...this is why!! Screw jets!!! (I didn't really mean that)...

Status
Not open for further replies.