• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A concern about my NROTC scholarship application!

jtellez

I have a questions about my NROTC scholarship application. I have completed everything and did the interview sent back the papers and everything, but for over a month my status has been:

"Your application is at CNRC for additional processing.
Items waiting to be processed: Transcripts
Strong Campbell
Debarment and Drug Statement
Statement of Understanding "

I emailed my NROTC coordinator about this and he said its just a second check, that he already sent in my application and all I can do now is wait. What I want to know is, is this normal? Have people who applied had the same or similar message on their status page for long periods of time like months? This may be normal but I'm just anxious to find out about my application, especially now that I've been accepted to VMI. Thanks.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Yeah, I've been waiting to hear back from them too. As far as I can tell, it's going to be a while. When did you send in your application for VMI? I sent mine in like the first week of January and haven't heard anything back from them.

Phantom Hawk

I remember waiting quite a while for mine to process as well so I wouldn't worry about it. And after it does process you get to wait even longer for a decision so just be patient...

jtellez

Thanks to all those who replied back.

AllAmerican75, they received my application online on 1/10, was verified 1/11 along with SAT scores, they recieved my transcripts on 1/17 and my Virginia domicile form on 1/19, and my application was complete 1/19. So basically they had everything on 1/19, and I got the official letter on January 27, but it is dated January 25, so they were done on 1/25. So it actually took less then a week, only 6 days, from the time they had my full application to decide.

They sent me an email saying congrats again for getting in and all this other stuff , like on 1/20 but then they said it was a mistake and no official decision was made because only official decisions are sent through mail. I asked how long it took for applications to process, and they emailed me back saying a MINIMUM of 6 weeks! I received my letter in 6 days though... so I don't think its really takes that long... plus when I went to a VMI allumni reception, they told me they send back replies ASAP, and that every day, every week they send out letters.

So basically, took 6 days to get reply, and I was told that it shouldn't take that long for you as long as you meet their averages, 3.3 gpa and 1150 SATs. I wasn't really worried about getting into VMI, because I felt I had the stats to get accepted, but I'm relieved that I'm officially in. Now its just time to worry about nrotc scholarship.

Sorry for long post, but I wanted to give you all the info I could give to help. Oh yeah, I'm also from VA so that means less processing time becasue I'm closer and we get things faster, plus they like in-state applicants. Don't worry about it though, its not that hard to get in. Worry about STAYING IN once your accepted, because the physical and mental exhuastion of being a rat is very tough. I got the grades, now its just time to get into elite shape.

B

Blutonski816

Phantom Hawk said:
I remember waiting quite a while for mine to process as well so I wouldn't worry about it. And after it does process you get to wait even longer for a decision so just be patient...

Yeah, my Package just got to P'Cola last Monday. So I'm not exactly holding my breath to hear what the Selection Board says....