• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8APRIL2024 SWO Board

aj1114

Anyone have any tips for OCS?
Start studying those materials if your recruiter sent them to you. If not, call your recruiter for it. Also a big thing, start running and build your endurance. Hit the gym if you have to, to build strength. buy a few dumbbells at Walmart or whatever sports store you have near you, and do high intensity training/exercises at home. Better to be overly prepared than unprepared.

Y-sky

SWO select
Anyone have any tips for OCS?
Have you read the ocs survivor guide?

Errant ensign is another source

Running sprints is recommended to improve speed

Plus everything stated above

Swo0918

Better late then never but I just got the call that I got accepted and ship out in June. On my application I forgot to fill out the physical activity part that’s why I wasn’t accepted initially lmao

Y-sky

SWO select
Better late then never but I just got the call that I got accepted and ship out in June. On my application I forgot to fill out the physical activity part that’s why I wasn’t accepted initially lmao
Congrats! Glad that was resolved. What's your ocs date? I just got an approval to push from May 26 to June 30

Y-sky

SWO select
Also, can anyone in the thread enlighten me what happens after OCS for SWOs? Like where is the school and how long? Before we get our actual PSC orders and move the family.
I feel like my recruiter is so overwhelmed with work and now fleet week he keeps mixing things up, so I'm forced to fact check after talking to him.. 😔

Swo0918

Also, can anyone in the thread enlighten me what happens after OCS for SWOs? Like where is the school and how long? Before we get our actual PSC orders and move the family.
I feel like my recruiter is so overwhelmed with work and now fleet week he keeps mixing things up, so I'm forced to fact check after talking to him.. 😔
If I remember correctly it’s 3 Month at OCS if you don’t get rolled for anything. After that it’s like a 8 week SWO class. Then like a 18 month initial period where you get stationed to a ship to earn your SWO pin.