• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8APRIL2024 SWO Board

niks0917

Has anyone heard back about medical waivers or other waivers?
I submitted back in February with the original application deadline
Both of my waivers were approved beforehand & then submitted w/ my application for board. Tattoo waiver was sent in & approved on the same day. Medical waiver (previous food allergy) was submitted w/ necessary documentation and got an approval 2 weeks later. Not sure how the process goes when pending waivers are submitted with your app for the board unfortunately!

Both of my waivers were approved beforehand & then submitted w/ my application for board. Tattoo waiver was sent in & approved on the same day. Medical waiver (previous food allergy) was submitted w/ necessary documentation and got an approval 2 weeks later. Not sure how the process goes when pending waivers are submitted with your app for the board unfortunately!
Just heard back they were approved! Now the wait 😭😩 when are y’all hoping to class up?

niks0917

My board was 19feb24, and I received word on 28feb. With graduation they will want ample time after your grad date to get your final transcripts, which will then allow you to get your orders, swear you in, get your finsel, and fly you to newport. Message me of you have questions, im going through it all now in your shoes.
I can see you'll be at OCS on 16JUNE24, did you put down ship out earliest as possible or did you provide a date for when you could start getting sent out? I'm trying to get a time-frame of being sent out if accepted this round. I believe my recruiter put down 5/15 earliest for me.

Swo0918

So considering the last board heard back in about 10 days are we thinking we will hear back sometime next week?

I hope so. It’s the last board for this FY. Plus they pick everyone usually in the same day.

Plus, they extended the original deadline… I don’t think there were a lot of applicants. Someone correct me if I’m wrong 😩

Swo0918

I hope so. It’s the last board for this FY. Plus they pick everyone usually in the same day.

Plus, they extended the original deadline… I don’t think there were a lot of applicants. Someone correct me if I’m wrong 😩
Hopefully that means high acceptance rates like the last board. I’m sure even if they accept everyone for this board they still will be way under the numbers they were suppose to hit FY24. I’m just hoping for a quick turn around for OCS I don’t want to be waiting until August to ship out.

exNavyOffRec

Hopefully that means high acceptance rates like the last board. I’m sure even if they accept everyone for this board they still will be way under the numbers they were suppose to hit FY24. I’m just hoping for a quick turn around for OCS I don’t want to be waiting until August to ship out.
Generally this board has most people shipping for FY 25 spots, one of the post from the aviation side said the person looked at the OCS spots were already filled through June, which is standard. They do have flexibility to put in more than the standard number of students.

There are essentially 3 sets of numbers, what they want to recruit, what they want to ship, and what they actually need. The what they want to recruit is about 140% of what they need to ship, this means they can miss what they want to recruit and still hit the shipping goal.

Swo0918

Generally this board has most people shipping for FY 25 spots, one of the post from the aviation side said the person looked at the OCS spots were already filled through June, which is standard. They do have flexibility to put in more than the standard number of students.

There are essentially 3 sets of numbers, what they want to recruit, what they want to ship, and what they actually need. The what they want to recruit is about 140% of what they need to ship, this means they can miss what they want to recruit and still hit the shipping goal.
Is it possible for spots to open up due to people backing out or wanting to be pushed back to a later OCS date? I heard you can ask to be shipped out as soon as available and if a spot opens up you can get a spot for an earlier date then assigned originally.

exNavyOffRec

Is it possible for spots to open up due to people backing out or wanting to be pushed back to a later OCS date? I heard you can ask to be shipped out as soon as available and if a spot opens up you can get a spot for an earlier date then assigned originally.
Yes, things like that happen and it is important for your recruiter to know that you can take one of those spots.

I can see you'll be at OCS on 16JUNE24, did you put down ship out earliest as possible or did you provide a date for when you could start getting sent out? I'm trying to get a time-frame of being sent out if accepted this round. I believe my recruiter put down 5/15 earliest for me.
I put 05/10, and I was put in the class following… 05/26 was the next class after my ship date, but I got 06/16. Just a heads up, there are I believe 6 different boards this month for 6 different communities, and theres a heavy likelihood that there are going to be a ton of admits, so please take that into consideration when you’re projecting your date. Let me know if you have any other questions!