• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7mm STW

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Alright guys, this feels like an odd place to ask this, but there is quite a bit of accumulated firearms experience here so what the hell...

Does anyone on the board have any real world experience with the 7mm STW? I'm considering it as an alternative to the .300 win mag as my long range, do-it-all rifle. When I say "do-it-all" I essentially mean pronghorn, long range mulies, elk and moose. I have no intention of hunting big bears anytime soon and if I do it will be with something waaaaaaay bigger than either of these so, for now, let's not worry about that. This gun is going to be a compliment to my .308.

I reload, so I'm not terribly worried about ammo availability...(I also ship ammo to outfitters when I hunt)

I don't intend to go setting records with this one...(ie shooting a mulie at a grand...I think it's unethical personally...)

Barrel life? Accuracy? Recoil? Curious to hear if you have some tales, as I've read all the numbers...Thanks.