• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

747-8 Test of Aborted Takeoff

81montedriver

pilot
That's exactly what we are taught in Hercs. Although we have reverse thrust available, and you sure as hell use it when you are doing assault landings, BRAKES are what stop the airplane.

Flugelman

Contributor
Yeah, let's put as much flamable liquid on here as we can squeeze in and then set the frickin' brakes on fire!

That's some scary shit! Amazing stuff...

MasterBates

That's exactly what we are taught in Hercs. Although we have reverse thrust available, and you sure as hell use it when you are doing assault landings, BRAKES are what stop the airplane.

I thought brakes are what blows the tires?

I take it you have some flavor of ABS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

What are assault landings? I think I might have done a few of those to some small boys.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Ah.. Must be nice.. In Reverse We Trust is how the Hummer stops. Which would be fine, if it did not have NP2K props.

What do you hate so much about that prop... I've seen you display your satisfaction in the past... is it the blade itself or a new pitch change assembly as well?

MasterBates

Electronic control. If HAL does not agree with it feathering or reversing, it don't.

Reliability. It flat out sucks.

No mechanical only failsafe. Imagine if your chute had a circuit board, that is more reliable on paper, but if it fails you are screwed and pulling harder won't help.

Blades erode in the rain. One flight in the rain can destroy the prop.

No proper testing in flight. Whirl rig only.

Shall I continue?

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Electronic control. If HAL does not agree with it feathering or reversing, it don't.

Reliability. It flat out sucks.

No mechanical only failsafe. Imagine if your chute had a circuit board, that is more reliable on paper, but if it fails you are screwed and pulling harder won't help.

Blades erode in the rain. One flight in the rain can destroy the prop.

No proper testing in flight. Whirl rig only.

Shall I continue?

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

Wait, WHAT? What are your rotors--ERR--blades made of?? SALT?