• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

747-400's

Screamtruth

นักมวย
This is for A4's...................................

I just flew Quantas from LA to Sydney on their 747-400..................and was wondering, what is a roundabout number for V1 on that plane? My Dad is a current 757/767 pilot, but he wasn't sure on your rotation speeds for the 747. It just seems like the roll is quite long before rotation. I know the airspeed will vary with your load and all, but for this trip, we were full on passengers and I am sure the fuel load was quite heavy given the length of the flight (14 hours and 39 minutes.)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Without getting into the books or knowing the takeoff parameters, probably @ 150 KIAS, average day. That's also guesstimating a MGW take-off which would probably fit an LAX-SYD profile ....

LAX is always a b!tch and the take-off run always "seems" long ... probably 'cause it is in the 747 as you're usually going somewhere far, far away and taking off MGW or close to it ... :)