• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS 737MAX

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
As a follow up to my last post, I don't have to make a decision. I can afford to wait. There are airlines and regulating agencies that have to make a decision. Even if that decision is no change. And they have to make that decision knowing they don't have facts.

And it is also worth pointing out that the risk of a mishap has not changed since last week. We only have better information about that risk. Now that pilots have more knowledge about the stab trim runaway hazard, it's probable that the risk is lower than last week because they are more prepared to react to it. Of course they may misdiagnose other emergencies and react inappropriately. That could increase the risk.

These are the discussions that airlines, Boeing, and regulating agencies are having this week.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
It would be nice if Boeing could finally clean slate the 737. I know airlines don't want it, but after what 50 years, it needs to be done.

At least it looks like they are going to clean slate a NMA as opposed to just building more 757s.

Speaking of clean slating aircraft, my company is getting new aircraft from the factory this year that have CRT displays in them. Displays that flicker if you plot too many point on them.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Oh, in the plane I fly the stab trim runaway emergency is two of the 6 emergencies that we have immediate action items to be done from memory.

It is a little different between the 200 and 700/900 but amounts to fly the fucking aircraft and press the stab trim disconnect button on the yoke. The 200 also includes pull 2 circuit breakers.

croakerfish

pilot
I'd fly or ride in a 737Max depending on the airline. Any U.S. airline in an heart beat.

There are many foreign airlines you won't ever see me or my family in regardless of the airplane being flown. Not any African or Chinese airline. Not Asiana or Korean Airlines.

Would you include, say, JAL or Nippon in that?