• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7208, Air Support Control Officer

pebe0101

I got my second choice MOS of Air Support Control Officer. I've read a lot about it on various sites, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any interactions with Marines in this MOS, as well as good and bad parts about it. THat being said, I'm off to 1st MAW in July, oorah!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well you will basically be running a DASC. You will take care of routing aircraft from one point to another for a FAC to call them in on targets. The good, a good DASCateer who knows waht is going on and passes on good info to the aircraft is a huge force multiplier, a bad one well the oposite only mroe so.
I have seen some good dasc types and some not so good. One thing to remember is that your job is to get the aircraft to the FAC, HE CONTROLS THE CAS ATTACK. (capitols on purpose)
Good luck