• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 August 2011

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Furthermore, I was warned that they could come back then and say we no longer need your services. Apparently your final select letter is only good for one year following when you swear in. Well considering I did in Dec 28, 2010, they are cutting the class date very close. I will not be too happy if after a year and a half a process, they say it was all for nothing! Hope this is isn't happening to anyone else!

Where did you hear this? Also are you DA or BDCP? I have been in the BDCP for almost 17 months, so that wouldn't make sense to limit our final select to a year when we're receiving paychecks the entire time. It could make sense for the Navy to do that with direct ascension candidates if they are no longer needed, as the Navy has not lost any investment on you. Either way, it would be a bummer to be ready to rock and then to be let down like that.

lowster

That was straight from the recruiter who said it has happened before. I am DA, so you're right they have no investment. It would be really awful if they did that though, and I would not have any kind words to say about the process. I don't think it will come to that though, as I have spoken with another OR from a different district and he said no they will just redo the paperwork because they have accounted for that final select for the fiscal year. We shall see, it is a long way to December!

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
The part about redoing the paperwork because the final select was accounted for in the FY planning makes sense, except for the fact that the Navy is doing funny business with the candidates right now. I believe the bumping of candidates from summer classes to the fall and next spring and so on has to do with their current fiscal planning, and they may be adjusting for any lack of funds or backup in the training pipeline, etc. That's either good news (Navy is fixing the training schedule to keep the current candidates) or bad news (they don't know if they have enough money in the next year or two to pay for everyone/they don't have enough open slots for what they anticipated, and they'll RIF where possible).

I hope that I'm wrong and they indeed do renew your final select. Thanks for the clarification about the time limit, that's good gouge for others that may be in similar situations.