• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

63 OAR

cfusco

I'm trying to apply to be an Intel officer and just received a 63 OAR score. Unfortunately i have just below the 3.0 GPA requirement (2.92 majoring in physics), but my OR says there is a waver. I was a varsity athlete - captain - in college and currently work as an engineer for the company that builds submarines for the navy. I have 3 good references. Is there even any chance? my 2nd and 3rd choices are SWO and Cryptologic Warfare, respectively.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to the site! No need to post the same thing in multiple threads. I’m going to lock the other one to start with, but I’m sure you’ll get some answers here.

Also, try digging around the forums a bit to see if anyone with similar stats has asked the same question already. I’m sure one of the resident recruiters or intel guys will chime in as well.

BasketballisLife

I'm trying to apply to be an Intel officer and just received a 63 OAR score. Unfortunately i have just below the 3.0 GPA requirement (2.92 majoring in physics), but my OR says there is a waver. I was a varsity athlete - captain - in college and currently work as an engineer for the company that builds submarines for the navy. I have 3 good references. Is there even any chance? my 2nd and 3rd choices are SWO and Cryptologic Warfare, respectively.

I second what @cfam said. There are multiple threads with people comparing their stats. You should post them there and not create two different threads of the same thing. https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...siders-competitive.41212/page-75#post-1003475

Also, a 63 is pretty good, but my understanding is that Intel mostly cares that you meet the minimum OAR score (50). They don't look at the OAR score too heavily. The big thing is your GPA and degree. In lieu of your low GPA, you do have a STEM degree which is a huge plus. Good luck with everything.

flgator92

None
It's all needs of the Navy, right? If the Navy is fat on intel guys, you'd likely to be passed over due to the low GPA. If they're short, they may pick you up. I was told by my OR that if you have a high GPA or an advanced degree (which I have both), you'd be competitive for intel. I didn't want intel, I wanted and got aviation, but ultimately being an intel guy is not being a SEAL. Being a varsity athlete is less important than having strong scholastic abilities.