• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

6 Jan 2007

Ironnads

I wouldn't purchase new running shoes. I'm from 13-05 and we were required to wear our issued/"purchased from Judy's" running shoes. Congrats to all of you and be glad that you're going to Pensacola. If you've got to get your ass beat there's no place like the birthplace of naval aviation. There's a lot of history there and it's pretty freakin' cool to have your own personal airshows courtesy of the blue angels. Memorizing the big four verbatim and I emphasize VERBATIM is essential before you go. The hardest thing about OCS is the lack of sleep. Not counting the Candio phase where I slept like a baby, I probably averaged 3 hours per night. RLP weeks I averaged 1-2 hours. Don't waste ocs sleep time trying to memorize that crap.

Trimshady

Day before OCS

Well I just found out about this website, and I was wondering if anybody was gonna meet up the day or night before we start. I'm sure everybody has a little valuable info, I got a little from a body who just went thru OCS. Holler back.

fysixnrd

First I'd like to say thanks to everyone on airwarriors for the great advice and experiences shared that have helped in making my decision to pursue SNA.
I finally registered, because I hope someone will point me to the "fundamental 4" that are so important. What are these?

MasterBates

First I'd like to say thanks to everyone on airwarriors for the great advice and experiences shared that have helped in making my decision to pursue SNFO.
I finally registered, because I hope someone will point me to the "fundamental 4" that are so important. What are these?

1- Hookers

2- Blow

3- Alcohol

4- Per Diem (which gets 1-3)

Did I miss any?

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Congrats to all of you. Enjoy the time in P-Cola. Work hard, study hard. I don't know how selections work today, but for a long time the only guarantee went to the person who finished first. Let it be you.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First I'd like to say thanks to everyone on airwarriors for the great advice and experiences shared that have helped in making my decision to pursue SNFO.

Welcome aboard! :D

Can you be more specific about what you mean by fundamental 4? There's lots of "big 4" type things it could be, so help us narrow it down.

Brett

navywife

Referring to the "Big 3" that are in the OCS prep book - orders of a sentry, chain of command, and code of conduct. You will also need navy and marine ranks, but those aren't considered part of the recommended gouge to have memorized before arriving. Then there will be MUCH more to go after that, but those are where to start. Good luck!