• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

418 Officers Gone; SWO Retention; Attrites Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogggystyle

so the people who are being tossed are people who didnt qualify for the areas to which they want redesignation, or is yours just an exception to the rule?

There is no room out there to put everyone, qualified or not. Retention is high right now. That is the problem; there simply are not enough billets. So, instead of stopping OCS operations to give those future billets to people who are already in the Navy, they are going about business as usual and just discharging the surplus of JOs - REGARDLESS of why you did not complete your initial warfare training (NPQ'd, failed out, dropped on request, etc.).

version2point0

yeah i just read the navy times article at my recruiters office. it looks like they are dropping those who dont qualify, those who dont retain credentials, and those who arent or dont retain their warfare qualifications. im sure that has been said already, but what i did notice was that you had 6 mos to appeal and/or prepare for civilian life, so thats nice of them. at least you have an opportunity to say something back, not just "heres your final check. bye"

-v2.0

frogggystyle

The chance to repeal is a joke. Under EXTENUATING circumstances you will be allowed to stay a couple of extra months past the 6-month mark if you can come up with a good enough reason. Good luck on that one though. Any request to stay in the Navy with this repeal will be denied. Either you get a redesignation some how, or you’re out by May 2004.

confused_pilot

I hate to bring up another point, but when it cost $250k to send a kid to the academy and up to $125k for ROTC, and OCS is not free either can anyone see why this country is at a something trillion dollar debt. While this figures get exasperated with the 2000 $2million tomahawks that we decorated the Iraqi landscape with, lets assume that quite a few of those 418 were academy and rotc (300, half each)thats a cool $60 million dollars down the tubes, not including the 118 OCSers left. A conversation in congress "60 mil eh no biggie, thats pocket change when its not our money. What would the american people do if there was no national debt, it would be choas in the street, we really need to waste some more money, and while where at it, lets F*** some good people's lives, too! You know just for sh!ts and giggles, because we are only the most powerful nation in the world, we don't know how to plan for a down turn in the economy, that probably is not fueld by us wasting a$$loads of money on voting our raises and making sure we all retire with a better retirement plan after two years of congressional service, than someone who has 30 years of military service" Ahh, isnt america so grand? If every congress person took a $30k/yr pay cut, which they all could generously afford, thats 535 officers between the branches that could keep their jobs, so maybe not everyone gets a second chance but mroe could. Although, that would definatly hinder on Congress doing something for America, what a novel concept.

ic1milliet

I agree and it is a fact...retention IS at it's highest in the history of the Navy. Take it from me...active duty at an NRD and the NROTC Coor. (pays up to $150,000).

Goliath112

way to go froggystyle. I am glad to hear that you got redesignated. I read your website a while back and I also read your article in the Navy Times. good **** man. glad to hear you can continue your career.

usanavypilot

Yea, happened to me. I was designated SNA at Navy OCS and couldn't get a waiver for my knee surgery.
banghead_125.gif
I was in class for almost four weeks when they put me in Zulu company and separated me. Nothing can stop me though, I am applying for Marine Corps aviation, hopefully they will want me there, with a knee surgery and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.