• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

36 months?! sta 21

jon_yelverton

it sounds impossible to get a BS including the 4 calculus in 36 months. how did you do it?

also, can you use the gi bill and ta before going sta-21 or will this disqualify you?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
For one thing you would attend college on a year round, full time basis with at least 15 credit hours in the fall, spring terms, and at least 6 in the summer. Most people that get picked up for STA-21 have a bit of college under thier belts. The answer to your last question is yes...it is highly encourgaged that you take advantage of TA and if need be, GI bill.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I came in with 31 transfer credits (that the University actually took) and will be graduating in Dec '07. I got there July '05, so it's quite easy. Even if I hadn't had any college prior to arriving it wouldn't be dificult to do it.

hourocket

Bullseye
None
I went in with 6 hours and I finished it within the 36 months, I avg. about 15-18 hours during Spring/Fall and 12 hours in the Summer. It wasnt fun but your getting paid to goto college, cant really complain. But yes 36 months is enough time, unless you start failing classes or drop classes because you dont like the prof.

Word of the wise...dont wait until your last semester to take Physics II, it sucks

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
What they said...Trust me man...I did it at Cornell...with 12 credits to transfer and six months to spare. It's not that big a deal. Still drank plenty of beer too...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
36 months = 3 years.... at 3 semesters a year, that's 9 semesters, or one more than the standard 8. Shouldn't be a problem to graduate.

LoneSailor

I'd refrain from using the GI bill since once you start it, it doesn't stop. Also now that the 12 credit limits (pretty much just 3 classes) has been removed, there's no reason to use your GI bill (unless you absolutely need to for some reason).

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I'd refrain from using the GI bill since once you start it, it doesn't stop. Also now that the 12 credit limits (pretty much just 3 classes) has been removed, there's no reason to use your GI bill (unless you absolutely need to for some reason).

Since when? I have used the GI bill for several terms on active duty and It was only used up when I needed it. Did this change recently? When did the 12 credit limit on 100% get lifted?

STA21pilot

Your best bet would be to find out what degree you want. Anything technical and you'll be straining if you don't have any transferable credits. It's all possible if the major you choose has classes available all year long. I know that with some major's you'll be limited to certain classes at specific semesters.

Don't forget also that just because you get picked up doesn't mean you start in the Fall. We've had many OC's that start in all semesters, so you have to be ready for anything.

STA21Pilot

GMan1976

Banned
sidenote: try to take your summer classes at community college. It's way cheaper and you can use the leftover from the $2k towards the following fall. I learned this the hard way after spending $9k for 1 summer at GWU (minus the Navy's $2k). It wasn't till after that I learned you could go to a CC and xfer the credits (the following summer, same amt of credits cost $700 total)!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
. I know that with some major's you'll be limited to certain classes at specific semesters.

Don't forget also that just because you get picked up doesn't mean you start in the Fall.

Good stuff...listen up. This has bitten several people in the arse...