• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I’m not sure what you are talking about so let me clarify. My recuiter said they are only selecting SNFOs in May, so it’s a SNFO only board. They will not be selecting SNA applicants until board later in the year, most likely in the Fall.

I’m not torn between SNA or SNFO. I’m just relaying what my recuiter told me.
It is because there has been no official news put out, does it make sense that they pick NFO only, sure it does, but there are recruiters that will encourage those to apply just in case. The reason they would do that is that it is not uncommon for rumors to float around on a board cancelled or whatever only to find out the rumors were false and people missed out, except those who's recruiters moved application forward as if the board was happening.

If there are recruiters who encourage people to apply "just in case" and they don't pick SNA and only SNFO then anyone that puts SNA and SNFO will be getting SNFO.

There have also been recruiters that have had applicants who only wanted SNA and then the recruiter added SNFO before submitting.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
It is because there has been no official news put out, does it make sense that they pick NFO only, sure it does, but there are recruiters that will encourage those to apply just in case. The reason they would do that is that it is not uncommon for rumors to float around on a board cancelled or whatever only to find out the rumors were false and people missed out, except those who's recruiters moved application forward as if the board was happening.

If there are recruiters who encourage people to apply "just in case" and they don't pick SNA and only SNFO then anyone that puts SNA and SNFO will be getting SNFO.

There have also been recruiters that have had applicants who only wanted SNA and then the recruiter added SNFO before submitting.
Gotcha, I understand what you are saying now.

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I’m not sure what you are talking about so let me clarify. My recuiter said they are only selecting SNFOs in May, so it’s a SNFO only board. They will not be selecting SNA applicants until board later in the year, most likely in the Fall.

I’m not torn between SNA or SNFO. I’m just relaying what my recuiter told me.
With this rumor, would the July board be considered “fall”?

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Yeah but I haven’t heard any rumors about cancelling or pushing the July board so I’m not sure about this whole “not selecting until fall” thing. Either way rumors are just that, not much concrete info right now.

BurnedCash55

Hello I am studying hard for a 3rd and final test. I was told there was an April 7 application due date and 5/22 may board convening date?

CraftyBeech

ProRec Y - SNA
IDK if this is the right forum for this, but..

can anyone provide some clarification? The PA 106 says

"URLO ISPP selection panels shall normally select all qualified candidates, giving them priority over other applicants seeking a commission via the URL PROREC process."

Goes on to say that if quotas are limited, which they obviously are, then N-13 will 'normally grant additional quotas'..

Since I've spoken with and seen posts about candidates with promising scores being turned down.. what is going on?? Is it even worth trying to apply this way or just going through the regular OCS process?

Beginning to think this whole program is a Big Navy scheme to show enlisted personnel that they have an 'equal chance' of being selected for SNA.. but the reality seems different.

esmbenbenek

"URLO ISPP selection panels shall normally select all qualified candidates, giving them priority over other applicants seeking a commission via the URL PROREC process."

Goes on to say that if quotas are limited, which they obviously are, then N-13 will 'normally grant additional quotas'..

Since I've spoken with and seen posts about candidates with promising scores being turned down.. what is going on?? Is it even worth trying to apply this way or just going through the regular OCS process?

Beginning to think this whole program is a Big Navy scheme to show enlisted personnel that they have an 'equal chance' of being selected for SNA.. but the reality seems different.
Go look at the spreadsheet for this board and see all the people selected that applied for ISPP.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y

I'd hop on the May 2023 or July 2023 forum. Probably gonna be a little more active than this one.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

75-80% of those selected last board (or this board OCT31) for SNA were ISPP. Some of the ASTB scores & GPAs were average, some not even above the average.

So I would say looking back that they do get priority over civilians

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
75-80% of those selected last board (or this board OCT31) for SNA were ISPP. Some of the ASTB scores & GPAs were average, some not even above the average.

What’s the difference? I’m active duty and applied OCS for the May board but didn’t include anything about ISPP. Does that matter?

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO

I’m not able to find the OCT spreadsheet. When I click on it, it says it’s been deleted.