• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

300 Required?

Hi I tried doing a search on this topic but nothing really clarified it. So I'm applying for an aviation contract as a pilot and was wondering if a 300 pft was "required" for acceptance. I know the actual requirement is 225 and the minimums for each category, but does the board even look at people with lower than 300? I saw somewhere on the internet that you shouldn't even bother without a perfect score. I know it's a total package deal, but I'm just wondering in general is a 300 pretty much a make or break deal?

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
Hi I tried doing a search on this topic but nothing really clarified it. So I'm applying for an aviation contract as a pilot and was wondering if a 300 pft was "required" for acceptance. I know the actual requirement is 225 and the minimums for each category, but does the board even look at people with lower than 300? I saw somewhere on the internet that you shouldn't even bother without a perfect score. I know it's a total package deal, but I'm just wondering in general is a 300 pretty much a make or break deal?

No. 300 is not mandatory, but the closer you get the better. There are only a few wickets to where they can judge you. So the more the better. Put in your package, try to be the best you can. They know that not everyone is a PT God, but PT Gods are a better bet if they have good scores everywhere esle.

iFly14

pilot
I know two guys at my office who got selected back in Feb with 280's, at that time my best was 277. I just ran a 290 a week or so ago, so am waiting to hear if i got selected for my PLC- air contract.

texags

pilot
Is PLC-air that competative? When I signed my contract in 2006 I had a 245 or something. I only know a handful of guys that can score a 300 so I doubt this is accurate.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Is PLC-air that competative? When I signed my contract in 2006 I had a 245 or something. I only know a handful of guys that can score a 300 so I doubt this is accurate.

Believe it, the only OCC applicants getting picked up are 300s. For PLC, I was told my 274 would not cut it, that for the OSO to send my packet up it would require a 285 or better.

texags

pilot
Believe it, the only OCC applicants getting picked up are 300s. For PLC, I was told my 274 would not cut it, that for the OSO to send my packet up it would require a 285 or better.
That's insane. It's going to be embarassing for all the infantry guys at TBS when the air contracts smoke them on the PFT

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I hope they've already narrowed the pool down to 4.0 GPA Ivy League grads if we're down to using 300 PFT as a discriminator.

iFly14

pilot
I havent heard anything related to PLC air other than two guys from the office got selected on 280s in Feb., and that for the first board, according to my OSO, the avg PFT for PLC ground was 294.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
I havent heard anything related to PLC air other than two guys from the office got selected on 280s in Feb., and that for the first board, according to my OSO, the avg PFT for PLC ground was 294.

Ditto, heck you can see the scores of all the applicants on a tracking board in the OSOs office. Most of them are 290+

Man times sure have changed. I was selected with a 242 in 2008. Shipped with a 295 though so I'm no slouch, but there's no way I would have gotten in with that initial PFT nowadays. The Marine Corps was expanding and in high school, I was told that if I wanted a four-year NROTC scholarship, It was pretty much mine to take. I definitely don't envy the guys with top notch scores that are fighting to get in these days.

Dogpatch09

Well I might be bumping the thread, but one question, what is the average PFT that PLC and OCC hopefuls are getting accepted with in the recent boards?

81montedriver

pilot
Closest I ever ran a PFT near 300 was in OCS. Ever since then it's been a gradual decline. Funny how your priorities change when you hit the fleet.