• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

3 October 2016 Pilot/NFO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Kits due to NRC 6 Sept 16. This board will be taking FY17 quotas. Kits will not be ORDPRO'd until 1 October so if your recruiter/processor submits prior to and doesn't see any movement... that's why.

BigLuvin

pilot
None
Long time user, first time poster. One issue that I'm having is attaining my transcripts from my college before the 06 Sept due date. I'll finish up my last class August 14th, but my academic advisor said that I wouldn't be able to get my official transcripts until 25 Sept or so, but they can send me a Letter of Qualification that lists my graduating GPA (3.50) and expected graduation (conferral) date. Do you think the board would accept this as long as everything else with my package is on point and let me send in my last transcript when it arrives?

~ BigLuvin

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Long time user, first time poster. One issue that I'm having is attaining my transcripts from my college before the 06 Sept due date. I'll finish up my last class August 14th, but my academic advisor said that I wouldn't be able to get my official transcripts until 25 Sept or so, but they can send me a Letter of Qualification that lists my graduating GPA (3.50) and expected graduation (conferral) date. Do you think the board would accept this as long as everything else with my package is on point and let me send in my last transcript when it arrives?

~ BigLuvin

You can submit now with a degree completion plan and submit the final transcripts (along with a degree conferred on them) assuming you get PROREC'd. Ask your OR about the DCP.

Potatum

Been lurking for 4 years, since my junior year of high school. I am very excited to hopefully make this board. My 6 months for LASIK is up in a few weeks and my OR claims I will be able to get the rest of my packet finished in time. Definitely crunch time, but I am very excited to have finally made it to this point.

~ BigLuvin

No joke I am in the exact position you are, won't finish my last class until Sept 13th. I reached out to the OCS questions email since I am active duty. He replied with "Per OPNAV 1420.1B all Active Duty Navy must have a confer Bachelor Degree for OCS Application Submission, so if an applicant has not completed their degree, than they must get a waiver approval from OPNAV". I just have to figure out who he is talking about when he says OPNAV.

exNavyOffRec

No joke I am in the exact position you are, won't finish my last class until Sept 13th. I reached out to the OCS questions email since I am active duty. He replied with "Per OPNAV 1420.1B all Active Duty Navy must have a confer Bachelor Degree for OCS Application Submission, so if an applicant has not completed their degree, than they must get a waiver approval from OPNAV". I just have to figure out who he is talking about when he says OPNAV.

never seen a person get a waiver, all have had to wait until they had degree in hand.

NavyAirCrewmen

Hoping to make it in time for this board. Only waiting on physical(next Tuesday) and then routing through my command. Are my scores to low? I know I meet the minimums but I am hoping that my overall record might prop me up enough. Thoughts?

BigLuvin

pilot
None
Here's how I see it. I would talk to your academic advisor and see if they can give you some sort of letter that shows your expected graduation date then submit that bad boy! The worst that can happen is they don't accept your package. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!

exNavyOffRec

Hoping to make it in time for this board. Only waiting on physical(next Tuesday) and then routing through my command. Are my scores to low? I know I meet the minimums but I am hoping that my overall record might prop me up enough. Thoughts?

they look primarily at the ASTB, I would keep studying and plan to re-take when you can

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
This will be the first board I'll be applying to. All that's left is another quick physical and routing. Seeing the deadline so close is actually making me a little bit sick to my stomach. Up until now none of the dates actually mattered. Beauty of a rolling board I guess.

Rufio or Navyoffrec, I managed to turn my processing not warranted into a processing is warranted after over a year and 3 attempts. My PRK and unsuitability for military service are Ok'd. N3M wants me to have a psych eval in addition to MEPS. The ones who did the work were actually enlisted recruiters because the OR is in Japan for a month and they are helping him. They said everything is good to go to schedule me to complete the tasks, but I noticed the letter head reads for enlistment into the Navy as opposed to for appointment/commissioning. MANMED standards are the same for program or enlistment, can I still apply to OCS with this N3M processing letter? Thanks for any insight.