• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

3 Oct 2010

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Ill be flying up so no car for me. Not sure when I will arrive as I haven't gotten my flight information yet. I'm going to buy a new pair of shoes this week and break em in a bit before I head up. Should be good for the next few months.

KristaA

Krista, 25, Supply, non-prior, Boise, Id, Boise State University

I was really nervous that I was going to be the only female, but it looks like there is another one! I look forward to meeting all of you!

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Well met, krista.

For those of you flying up: have you gotten your flight itinerary? My recruiter told me I'm not going to get mine until Thursday or Friday.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
... I got my orders over a month ago, but no information as to my flight time/date. Was told by my recruiter that it would most likely be the Saturday before I check in, but that if I hadn't gotten it within a week of leaving, then I should call my NRD and see what's up. So I called this past friday and left some messages. Then my OR gives me a call saying I was supposed to call him only and that I won't have my flight information until the end of next week. Pretty irritated by this since I don't even have a concrete date for leaving. Seems kind of important that I know when I should be leaving.

JONNY

I would agree, that's pretty irritating. Sounds like you are taking the appropriate steps. My processor was the one that scheduled my flight, so if you know who your processor is, I'd call them Monday. Hope that helps. See you in a few days! :)

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Thanks, Jonny. I know my detailer so ill give her a call. Still planning on getting together with whoever is willing and able Saturday evening. Anyone know a good place? Navy lodge is booked so I'm not sure where in town ill be staying.

booker4

Hey guys,

I'd be interested in meeting up Saturday night as well. I've got a buddy who told me of a few good places in Newport to have the "last meal" as he had it a couple of years ago. If you guys are interested, let me know and we can figure out how to work it out. Jfeazell, I'm driving up and if you would need to you could put your extra pair of running shoes in my truck. Hope you all enjoy this last week with family/friends.

jfeazell

Hey JSF_Dreamer, if you are still looking for a place to stay Navy Gateway Inns has room for OCS candidates. It is a cheap place to stay right on base. You can get all there info at http://dodlodging.net/NS_NEWPORT.HTM Just give them a call and tell them that you are an OCS candidate for school that weekend and they should have room.

booker4, thanks, I appreciate you letting me leave those in your truck.

I sent both of you my contact info if you feel like meeting up Saturday. I'm getting in around 7:30.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Ill be in at 230 pm. Definitely want to meet you guys before the shit starts flying. Appreciate the hotel info. Ill give them a call tonight. Currently at the air museum at NAS Pensacola with my wife and son. Figured id treat my son here one more time. He loves it almost as much as I do.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Everything on base is booked. Anyone staying somewhere cheap near the base? Can always crash at the airport, but if I can get a good night's sleep before ocs, id like to.

booker4

Hey guys sorry for the late response but I've been travelling and haven't had reliable internet service. If you guys are still interested in meeting up tonight, pm me your contact info and we'll figure out a place to meet up. I drove up here so if you guys need a ride I can pick you up. Jsf, I've got a hotel room in milltown that has plenty of room if you'd need a place to crash.