• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

3 mile run and pace runners question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

Hello,

During the PFT that aspiring candidates run with their OSO, can we use pacers during our 3 mile run?

My idea is to get three of my friends (who are fast runners but not potential candidates) to run with me and the other candidates to help pace and encourage me to run faster. (The candidates I've run are slower runners). My friends wouldn't be assisting me by pulling, carrying, or picking me up in a golf cart for a few laps.

When I was in Army ROTC, the regulations allowed people to act as pacers (though it did not state whether they had to be soldiers or not). I've looked at some Marine Corps PT regulations, and couldn't find any info concerning pace runners.

I'm planning to ask my OSO about this, but OSO's don't neccessarily know every regulation.

Clux4

Banned
At OCS, it is going to be a whole bunch of people running. After the first lap, you will kind of notice that there are groups and you can always run in the group. You can always use another candidate to pace yourself.
I hope that helps. But let me also stress that there will not be any candidate saying nice words in your ears to motivate you. It is an individual event.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I've never heard of non-candidates running during PFT's before. If you really need a fast candidate try finding someone on this forum or any other Marine forum who lives in your area. Personally, if a guy in my area needed my help to improve his PFT I'd give it and I'm sure almost every other Marine candidate would too. A lot of the candidates in the New York area have been getting together to PT together. There's no reason why it couldn't work for you too. As for me, my new OSO and a previous OSA both volunteered to run with me before they learned that they would have just slowed me down.

manny7_99

Clux4 said:
At OCS, it is going to be a whole bunch of people running. After the first lap, you will kind of notice that there are groups and you can always run in the group. You can always use another candidate to pace yourself.
I hope that helps. But let me also stress that there will not be any candidate saying nice words in your ears to motivate you. It is an individual event.

Nice Words to live by in The Corp:
-Waking up: Wake up you little piece of SH** and hit the Gym and the Track.
-On the Track: Run faster You slow piece of SH**, Grandma is catching up to ya'
-After Puking: Look at it you sad piece of SH**, that is weakness leaving the body (Not to mention half of all your previous day meals and intestines)...And Oh Yes! look at it carefully, you'll see it again tomorrow, and the day after...and the day after....

Semper Fi'

Hope this will encourage you to run by yourself in an efficient manner
:eek:

P.S. I dont think that in the field you can bring too many friends to motivate you (reporters dont count.)

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
Maybe we don't seem to like him because he used to be Army ROTC....ahh thats probably where he got the idea for pacers. At least he wised up and is going USMC...unless he quits that too.

steventheman

Why do fat people keep eating?
"When I was in Army ROTC, the regulations allowed people to act as pacers"

Maybe you're looking for the wrong thread. This is the Marine Corps thread, and definitely not the Army's. Marines are hard, and don't allow such trash. We all ran our balls off at OCS, and that's how it should be. If you run and train hard, you'll improve. That's it.

If you want a bunny to chase, I suggest you go to the dog track.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
I'm with TheMan on that one, you don't any of that kinda crap, just work your balls off ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.