• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

3.5% Mil Pay Raise On Hold

phrogpilot73

Bonuses back in in the sense that you can now initiate a new bonus contract. Previously signed bonus contracts were unaffected by this bill.
Yup, I am on the cusp of getting a Bonus Control Number for the $10K SMCR Officer Affiliation Bonus. If the timing worked out bad (I have to get the BCN prior to affiliating with a squadron), I could have missed the window. Because HQMC is slow, I'm eligible again! Woohoo!

As for the MARADMIN, yup, I missed it... Again, I'm glad it came out though. :D

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
I read the different articles regarding the vetoed bill, but have yet to find the answer I'm looking for.

Would the vetoed bill have an affect on DLA or travel claim reimbursements? I recently did a PCS move and put in my travel/DLA claim in almost 2 months ago. There were some rumors going around where people said that because the president vetoed some bill (I'm assuming it is the above mentioned bill), I wouldn't be getting my money. Does anyone know anything about this specifically (DLA/travel money)? If it is the same bill, am I right to assume that since W just passed it, I may be getting my money now? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read the different articles regarding the vetoed bill, but have yet to find the answer I'm looking for.

Would the vetoed bill have an affect on DLA or travel claim reimbursements? I recently did a PCS move and put in my travel/DLA claim in almost 2 months ago. There were some rumors going around where people said that because the president vetoed some bill (I'm assuming it is the above mentioned bill), I wouldn't be getting my money. Does anyone know anything about this specifically (DLA/travel money)? If it is the same bill, am I right to assume that since W just passed it, I may be getting my money now? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There was nothing in the NAVADMIN about DLA or travel.

Brett

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

I am pretty sure that a couple of years ago the Navy changed the way that money is obligated for PCS. I think that money is obligated when PCS orders are issued, as opposed to when they are executed. If that is correct, money would have been set aside at the time you received your orders.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

I think HH is right about the money obligation, but if you're really worried about it I'd say go follow up with PSD, it can happen that paperwork gets misplaced. Now, if you're referring to the partial DITY, that can take upwards of 3 months to get paid for it.

Rubiks06

pilot
Yeah i submitted a travel claim with PSD a couple weeks ago. They said that it would take 5-10 business days until i got the money. I am not holding my breath but that is usually quicker than DITY money.
My last DITY move we submitted our paper work in June and didn't get the money until November. The website is nice though because it tells you what stage your claim is in.