• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 AUG 2017

ILL43

Hey Everyone, here from the April 12 Pilot/NFO board. Haven't taken an oath yet.

I could actually use some advice given my current situation.

I'm from California, but I went to school in Illinois. While I was there I was working with a recruiter there but hadn't received a FINSEL until after I graduated (about a week ago I got my letter). In order to take the Oath I contacted NRD San Francisco and they said that an Officer Recruiter would contact me in a few days. In the meantime however, I haven't heard from my original recruiter in a while and he hasn't answered some questions I had. As a result, while I'm waiting to hear from the SF recruiter, I'm in a weird spot and don't want to miss anything. Between obtaining your FINSEL and OCS, aside from taking your Oath, is there anything else we have to do(aside from OCS prep). I see people mentioning orders, are those on paper, online etc?

Does anyone know where to find the graduation date for this class, or know what day of the week graduation is normally held on?

Shantyman7

Hey Everyone, here from the April 12 Pilot/NFO board. Haven't taken an oath yet.

I could actually use some advice given my current situation.

I'm from California, but I went to school in Illinois. While I was there I was working with a recruiter there but hadn't received a FINSEL until after I graduated (about a week ago I got my letter). In order to take the Oath I contacted NRD San Francisco and they said that an Officer Recruiter would contact me in a few days. In the meantime however, I haven't heard from my original recruiter in a while and he hasn't answered some questions I had. As a result, while I'm waiting to hear from the SF recruiter, I'm in a weird spot and don't want to miss anything. Between obtaining your FINSEL and OCS, aside from taking your Oath, is there anything else we have to do(aside from OCS prep). I see people mentioning orders, are those on paper, online etc?

I just swore in yesterday and completed the associated paperwork. I received a single piece of paper that constituted my orders detailing me to report to Newport on the 27th. So as far as I am aware of there is nothing else to do but prep and show up.

Last edited:

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
I'm going to contact my recruiter next week to see if they have word. I already had a clearance before i submitted, so maybe it isn't as long as a wait for me. who knows? Hoping to be in this class or the one after.

Carina

I'm going to contact my recruiter next week to see if they have word. I already had a clearance before i submitted, so maybe it isn't as long as a wait for me. who knows? Hoping to be in this class or the one after.
I am in the same boat. I didn't have to do the fingerprint, clearance all done. But still waiting!

Rafae Sajid

Rec wakes me up in the morning with a conversation I was looking forward to having in September or October haha
I'll take it! Just gonna rush through tying up loose ends and personal errands... while preparing for the 27th as much as I can!
Good luck to everyone and it's exciting talking to future classmates!