• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Ed014

You could go pass your written for PPL and get 15 hours or so to solo. Getting to the point where you can solo looks good on paper, is relatively cheap compared to the whole PPL, and you can talk about it on your motivational statement.

Thank you! I’ll probably do that ????

Tracker95

I got selected for SWO, but not selected for Pilot/NFO. Would the next aviation board see that I declined a SWO offer to resubmit? My OR is hinting that they don’t look at that kindly.
I got selected for SWO, but not selected for Pilot/NFO. Would the next aviation board see that I declined a SWO offer to resubmit? My OR is hinting that they don’t look at that kindly.
my son did that, declined SWO and is in OCS right now as NFO

jacobcvm

61 8/8/8

For anyone interested, these sporty's and kings aviation courses are the cheapest way to pass the written. They're pretty dry, but you can knock out a couple hours each night after work no problem

123abc

For anyone interested, these sporty's and kings aviation courses are the cheapest way to pass the written. They're pretty dry, but you can knock out a couple hours each night after work no problem
I agree they’re dry, but easy to fly through. The written test i also thought was a lot easier than the questions in the kings and sporty’s test bank. Sit down and hammer It out. If you don’t get to the written or solo in time for the next board submission that’s fine you can still touch point on your flight experience so far and how much you love It!

BobbyD

My recruiter said he is unaware of my OCS date but on the list sent out in here my OCS date is Jan 23 2022. I was selected for NFO even though my number 1 choice was SNA. I am 100% grateful and ecstatic about being selected. I really wanted to be a pilot and wanted to see if I can reapply but I am not willing to if it means I jeopardize my selection for NFO. My recruiter said this would not be possible. Does anyone have further information on this? I am only asking because I do see that out of the people not selected there was an asterisk next to someone’s name and it indicated that they were N for pilot on this board but their Pro-Y for NFO for a previous board still stands.

DxVFHg

Apparently I am one of the unlucky ones who went from unofficial PRO-REC Ys to official PRO-REC Ns..... Back to the grind I guess

villo0692

@villo0692 can probably touch upon this
I THINK...he'll have to reject his commission for SWO first. Like, I got picked for SWO, but it was my third choice, and I was awaiting the results of the aviation board, and I got picked for pilot. Now, since he got a negative, and SWO still stands, he'd probably have to reject SWO and resubmit for aviation since May board came and went. However, I don't think rejecting a commission is a nail in your coffin. I'm aware of a few ppl who rejected NFO because they wanted to be a pilot and then got a Pro Rec Y for SNA. So, if he's dead set on flying, then that's what I think he needs to do. However, if I may ask. Why put SWO as a choice in the first place, if you don't want to take it after not being picked for SNA or NFO? if you're deadset on flying, don't put yourself in a situation where you might have to reject a commission for something else

that goes for everyone

n95salesman

I THINK...he'll have to reject his commission for SWO first. Like, I got picked for SWO, but it was my third choice, and I was awaiting the results of the aviation board, and I got picked for pilot. Now, since he got a negative, and SWO still stands, he'd probably have to reject SWO and resubmit for aviation since May board came and went. However, I don't think rejecting a commission is a nail in your coffin. I'm aware of a few ppl who rejected NFO because they wanted to be a pilot and then got a Pro Rec Y for SNA. So, if he's dead set on flying, then that's what I think he needs to do. However, if I may ask. Why put SWO as a choice in the first place, if you don't want to take it after not being picked for SNA or NFO? if you're deadset on flying, don't put yourself in a situation where you might have to reject a commission for something else

that goes for everyone

You’re completely right. I was unaware of the specifics of how the boards selection worked when I started this process last year, and my OR told me it didn’t hurt to keep it on. Now a year has passed and I know I’d much rather fly…. My OR made it sound like even if I improved my ASTB, I’d have a black mark on my application from rejecting SWO. Seems to me he’s got quotas to fill.