• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 JAN 2021 OCS Class

EmmaG

Hello all,
I was curious about how many of us were going to be SWO’s in this class and just from the August board, there seems to be 49 SWO’s. That’s about half the class from what I understand.
I’m going to be a SWO!

sasebobeast

Hello all! I will also be in this OCS class as a SWO! I think earlier this year I would have wanted to leave early like in the fall or before 2020, but at least we get to enjoy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's one last time before we all enter the fleet. Who knows when will be our next time to enjoy spending Christmas and New year's with friends and family!

Last edited:

Doc Engel

HEY! What's your rate? I'm an EM. Request sent for FB PAGE :)
Good evening all, I’m currently an active HM2 stationed in Yorktown, VA. I am an optometry tech as my NEC/speciality within the Corpsman rate. I have almost 8 years in and am looking forward to meeting you all. I was actually stationed in Newport, RI at the clinic on base for 5 years from 2013-2018 so I had a lot of experience with OCS classes and flight physicals and whatnot for the optometry portion and also knowing the base and area of Newport. Hopefully that experience can help myself/us during our experience at OCS. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out but I’m definitely looking forward to January and getting things going with our path towards becoming Naval Officers!

GAhnee

W
Good evening all, I’m currently an active HM2 stationed in Yorktown, VA. I am an optometry tech as my NEC/speciality within the Corpsman rate. I have almost 8 years in and am looking forward to meeting you all. I was actually stationed in Newport, RI at the clinic on base for 5 years from 2013-2018 so I had a lot of experience with OCS classes and flight physicals and whatnot for the optometry portion and also knowing the base and area of Newport. Hopefully that experience can help myself/us during our experience at OCS. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out but I’m definitely looking forward to January and getting things going with our path towards becoming Naval Officers!
Will they issue glasses there? I broke mine on my last deployment and have been relying on contacts since then. I know we can’t wear contacts until the end, but I was wondering if they issued them for training?

Doc Engel

W

Will they issue glasses there? I broke mine on my last deployment and have been relying on contacts since then. I know we can’t wear contacts until the end, but I was wondering if they issued them for training?
Yes they will issue glasses during the medical portion during the first week of OCS (usually anywhere from 4-8 days). It will take a few days after the eye exam to get your glasses but it will happen. Oftentimes you can use a civilian pair during OCS until your military pair arrives.

Doc Engel

Question for any active duty members of the class, has anyone heard anything regarding hard copy orders or some kind of guidance as to when we might expect to see them?

germangator

Hey just a quick schedule question. If our date is Jan 24 does that mean shipping out on Jan 10 for the two week quarantine period or does that period start Jan 24? Thanks for the help and look forward to meeting you all!

Doc Engel

Hey just a quick schedule question. If our date is Jan 24 does that mean shipping out on Jan 10 for the two week quarantine period or does that period start Jan 24? Thanks for the help and look forward to meeting you all!
January 10th is the report date when quarantine starts.