• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 February selections are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Here are the results. Looks like the Navy's giving up some more jets???

2 J1
2 J2
1 E6
3-4 Rotor
4(?) P-3
1 E2/C2

6 of us in -27 selected. We got the 2 J2's, I got the one J1, one P-3, and 2 helos.

A guy in my class put jets, rotor, e2/c2. they called him asking if he wanted the e2/c2 and he said no, he wanted rotor.. I've never heard of someone turning down e2/c2 in favor or rotor, especially if they put jets #1?!?!

ocjams

I'm asking out of ignorance...but what is J1 and J2? obviously something to do with jets

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
ENSsquid said:
Here are the results. Looks like the Navy's giving up some more jets???

2 J1
2 J2
1 E6
3-4 Rotor
4(?) P-3
1 E2/C2

6 of us in -27 selected. We got the 2 J2's, I got the one J1, one P-3, and 2 helos.

A guy in my class put jets, rotor, e2/c2. they called him asking if he wanted the e2/c2 and he said no, he wanted rotor.. I've never heard of someone turning down e2/c2 in favor or rotor, especially if they put jets #1?!?!

Why is it so hard for you carrier flying wannabe's to understand, that to some people, there is more to flying than trapping on a carrier. No offense to the e2/c2 guys, but that was my absolute LAST choice as it was the least appealing to me. and just so there is no confusion.... helo, J1, J2, maritime, e2/c2.

That being said, congrats on getting what you wanted!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
bch said:
Why is it so hard for you carrier flying wannabe's to understand, that to some people, there is more to flying than trapping on a carrier. No offense to the e2/c2 guys, but that was my absolute LAST choice as it was the least appealing to me. and just so there is no confusion.... helo, J1, J2, maritime, e2/c2.

That being said, congrats on getting what you wanted!

yeah.. I put it #3. The guy only put j1/j2 to see if hell froze over I guess. He was anticipating helos anyway (since it was #2), and he just threw in e2/c2 for a laugh I guess???

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Congrats Squid!
Wrong base though. Glad I don't have to help you move that bike again.
Shoot me a PM and let me know who got J2.
-Greg

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
BOMBSonHAWKEYES said:
Whats so bad about the hawkeye?

read man, I have nothing against it, just was not for me... as I am sure most people feel helos is not for them

Status
Not open for further replies.